Information & Cyber Security Assurance & Attestation Manager
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Group CISO Team
The Group Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) organisation is instrumental in protecting and ensuring the resilience of Standard Chartered Bank's data and IT systems by managing information and cyber security (ICS) risk across the enterprise. As a critical function reporting into the Group Chief Risk Officer (CRO), the Group CISO team serves as the second line of defence for assuring ICS controls are implemented effectively, in accordance with the ICS Risk Framework, and for instilling a culture of cyber security within the Bank. The Group CISO is responsible for ICS governance, strategy, policy, awareness, training, risk assessments, cyber stress testing, third party security risk, industry partnerships, and regulatory engagement. In addition, the team of Information Security Officers (ISO) reports to the CISO and performs a pivotal role as an extension of the CISO in supporting the ICS risk management strategy, governance, advisory and assurance roles that face off to the Client Services, Regions, and Functions. The Group CISO is central to ensuring the Bank's ability to meet its ICS commitments to internal and external stakeholders, including regulators, as well as maintaining an acceptable ICS risk profile that is regularly reported to the Board.
The Information & Cyber Security (ICS) Assurance and Attestation Manager is a permanent role with the following responsibilities:
· Support the Head of Assurance and Attestation to deliver assurance and attestation activities
· Support the Global Head of Assurance and Testing to build the golden source of SCB's reply to regulator's ICS assurance and testing queries.
· Identify gaps and recommend improvements to Bank's ICS controls Business
· Provide ongoing reporting of deliverables (outcomes and recommendations) and schedule to key stakeholders in a timely manner. Timely escalation and reporting of issues to ensure that expectation management across the organisation is proactively carried out.
· Develop knowledge base of ICS technical controls Processes
· Support the Head of Assurance and Attestation to design and implement the ICS testing methodology and ensure that the ICS testing deliverables meets the quality standards set out in the methodology.
· Contribute in development of knowledge base of technical and operational controls for ICS assurance and attestation purpose People & Talent
· Establish constructive relationships with key stakeholders.
· Actively participate in team's lessons learned or experience sharing sessions Risk Management
· Contribute to the team to ensure that all activities are in line with and support of the ICS principal risk type under the Bank's ERMF
· Contribute to ICS indicator analysis to proactively identify technical problem areas
· Contribute to the establishment of technical expertise/ knowledge base for operating control assessment Governance
· Ensure compliance with relevant operational risk controls.
· Support the Global Head of Assurance and Testing to set up the annual plan and manage the execution of the plan to achieve the target on quality, timeline and budget. Regulatory and Business Conduct
· Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
· Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
· Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters Key Stakeholders
Group CISO team
Group STS team
Global Head Technology Services Core Management
Head, Information Security Officers
Head, ICS Governance, Risk and Policy
Key Business Stakeholders including: All CIOs; Business and Function COOs
Head, Audit - Information Security & Cyber
Head Operational Risk - Information Security & Cyber
Group Risk and Compliance Qualifications & Requirements:
· Proven experience in ICS assurance and attestation, ICS audit, information security officer, senior ICS governance, policy or risk management role
· Thorough understanding of IT security business processes, risks, threats and internal controls.
· Experience working in or with the financial services industry with keen understanding of business and operational environments. In-depth knowledge of payment security e.g. PCI DSS, SWIFT.
· Strong knowledge of the businesses, markets and operations of Standard Chartered Bank and its ICS risk policies, procedures and processes.
· Good understanding of global legal, regulatory and industry regulations, frameworks and standards and the ability to adapt to the changes accordingly.
· Good understanding of the latest ICS threat development.
· Able to communicate complex ICS risks/issues precisely and effectively. Able to construct recommendations in a factual and persuasive manner. Excellent communication skills in both written and oral form.
· Strong senior stakeholder management.
· Ability to both assess strategic priorities and to focus on detailed aspects of a function to drive effective delivery.
· Strong integrity, independence and resilience.
· Any other platform/technology experience across various systems and platforms. Valued Behaviours
Do the Right Thing