Infrastructure (Network) Tech Specialist
· Provide Senior/Expert level Technical Support for the firm's global network with a focus on both network infrastructure project delivery and operational break fixes:
· Provide expert level technical support on conference calls with cross functional partners throughout the technology organization. Conduct in depth technical investigations of ongoing incidents involving network connectivity and performance issues.
· Serve as the technical escalation point for junior network technicians. Provide technical guidance and coaching to junior technicians in order to improve their technical skill set over the long term.
· 75% 'Break/Fix' support of standard enterprise Cisco Internetworking Technology solutions
· 25% 'Break/Fix' support for Internetworking technology infrastructure solutions such as
· Load Balancers (F5 and Citrix)
· Juniper Routers
· Arista Routers
· WAN Accelerators/Optimizers (Riverbed)
· DNS Appliances, QIP/DHCP services
· Wireless communications support
· Other small pockets of both new and legacy internetworking technologies managed by Citi Networks
Operations Major Incident Support
· Represent CSNS as the Technical Lead/Expert resource on conference calls for major incidents which may or may not be due to a failure in CSNS managed technology infrastructure. Drive major incident calls as the lead network representative through consistent, professional, and highly assertive communication
· Maintain focus and poise during the support cycle and work through all challenges with a results-oriented attitude and relentless focus on enhanced customer service through rapid incident resolution.
· Collaborate with SMEs, SDMs, Network Engineering, Vendor Support Teams, etc, with the goal of aligning all parties towards achieving incident resolution as quickly as possible
Network Delivery & Projects
· Perform pre-defined configuration assurance/standard build checks to satisfy Risk and Control and Safety & Soundness initiatives as part of proactive configuration management of all CSNS managed technology infrastructure. This includes validating proper configuration on all redundant 'A/B' pairs, validating all infrastructure is configured in accordance with document engineering standards, and formulating remediation plans when exceptions are identified.
· Maintain written operational procedures for the organization including document reviews at predefined intervals, ad-hoc procedure updates in response to operational events, and consistently high quality document management such that procedure documents are ready for audit/scrutiny at any time.
· Work collaboratively with Engineering counterparts to achieve a design solution to the issues identified during the course of working through operational incidents. Evaluate issues for 'global exposure' relative to the install base of the hardware/software solution in question. Ensure the remediation plan accounts for remediation of the full exposure.
· Handling multiple projects and provide network delivery support from initiation to closure.
· Using either bespoke Network Engineering defined Design packages and/or Pre-defined Design packages, create Build Packages which will include implementation plans, test plans and network changes.
· Overseeing the deployment of Build Packages and implementing network changes during the allowed weekend green zone window.
· For larger multi-discipline initiatives, you will be required to represent and deliver the network element of the project following the defined process, while providing effective liaison between other technology owners.
· Provide Subject Matter Expertise for defined network products and technologies, for the review of CATE Design Packages and/or Network Integration Build Packages.
· Proactively identify and clean-up dead/abandoned infrastructure on periodic basis.
· Assist with knowledge transfer of new products to internal delivery and Operations teams.
· Assist in the development of & implementation of processes to allow repeatable designs with the view of provisioning automation and efficiencies.
· Good understanding of Software defined networking (SDN) technologies concepts and the evolution and deployment approaches of SDN technology across traditional IP networks.
Introspectively review operating procedures, daily support practices, major incident support, etc and provide constructive feedback to the leadership team for the purpose of continuous service improvement and operational excellence.
Foster innovation. Work with SMEs, SDMs, and Engineering colleagues to ensure CSNS support services stay current/ahead of the market. Think about what we do today versus what we should be doing tomorrow.
Drive operational efficiencies. Maintain awareness of all CSNS workflows and automation/efficiency opportunities. Utilize the wide range of tools to enhance efficiencies and effectiveness in delivering results. Provide constructive input to NCIS management on automation enhancements and workflow optimization opportunities.
Qualifications / Requisite Knowledge Base
7+ years of experience in providing network operations supporting a network with 1000+ nodes.
· NOC (Network Operations Center) experience or large financial institution network operation/implementation experience is highly preferred.
· Expert level working knowledge of enterprise TCP/IP communications (IPv4, QoS, IPSEC, VPN, etc)
· Strong knowledge of network protocol analysis using industry standard toolsets such as Wireshark capable of performing in-depth packet capture analysis.
· Expert working knowledge following routing protocols: BGP, OSPF, RIP, Multicast
· Strong working knowledge of IPSLA probes, EEM Applets, application specific network performance analysis, and TCP/IP optimization mechanisms for maximizing application performance across enterprise networks
· Strong working knowledge of common security threats facing enterprise networks including DDOS (Distributed Denial of Service) and various defensive mechanisms and threat mitigation strategies.
· Any of following Industry Certifications are highly preferred*:
· Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
· Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE)
· Juniper Networks Certified Internet Specialist/Professional (JNCIS, JNCIP)
· Information Technology Infrastructure Library - Version 3 Foundations (ITIL Version 3)
· *A commensurate knowledge base in absence of certification is acceptable.
General Attributes, Characteristics, and Capabilities
· Highly assertive communications skills, commanding personality while maintaining professionalism. Ability to engage a large audience and lead the discussion with clear, concise, and highly assertive communication.
· Capable of understanding customers' requirements and setting the correct expectation to stakeholders to prevent re-work or incorrect project delivery.
· Effective prioritization skills and high energy. Ability to work in a fast-paced network operations environment. Ability to work under pressure with conflicting priorities and a fluctuating and potentially voluminous operational and project based workload.
· Ability to articulate technical information to large audience with various levels of technical knowledge base, including a business management audience that may lack a deep technical understanding of internetworking technology solutions. Ability to drive communication between business leaders and IT. Must exhibit sound and comprehensive communication and diplomacy skills to exchange complex information with inherent confidence.
· High sense of urgency and commitment to exceed customer expectations. Strong personal work ethic, inspires excellence and enthusiasm amongst peer group
· Resilient and highly responsive in overcoming adversity, ability to work through a multitude of challenges/obstacle in order to achieve the desired end result
· Ability to provide clear and detailed documentation of all technical troubleshooting tasks performed on all incidents in order to maintain proper continuity in a 24x7 network operations center environment.
· Ability and flexibility to operate within tightly controlled operational procedures. Proficiency in managing customer satisfaction requirements within the confines or operational procedures to achieve a suitable outcome for all stakeholders.
· Demonstrated technical competencies and history of increased responsibilities during previous three years. Strong dedication towards continual growth and self-improvement including year-over-year progression in industry certifications and overall technical proficiencies and knowledge base.
· Strong analytical, organizational, written and interpersonal skills
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - SG ------------------------------------------------------
Time Type :Full time ------------------------------------------------------
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .