Java J2EE Pega Software Engineer
As amember of our Software Engineering Group we look first and foremost for peoplewho are passionate around solving business problems through innovation &engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledgeand expertise to all aspects of the software development life-cycle, as well aspartner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stayfocused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantlystrive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting,thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought andcreative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
The Cyber securityorganization's objective is to ensure that JPMC is able to effectively detect,prevent, and respond to cyber threats against our technologyinfrastructure. The scope of Cyber security comprises detection andmonitoring of threats and vulnerabilities, managing security incidents, andevolving our preventive infrastructure to keep ahead of the threat. Weaccomplish this through strong information security leadership and activecollaboration with line of business information risk managers to provide highquality security solutions and services that are focused on improving theFirm's risk posture.
Specificresponsibilities will include:
- Analyze, design, develop, debug, test, document, deploy and provide production support applications using primary skills in Java, J2EE, Pega PRPC (Pega Rules Process Commander), Oracle and SQL
- Work with product owner and Cyber security operations on agreeing on refining business requirements and acceptance criteria.
- Understand business workflow requirements from Cyber Operations team/Business Analysts and implement those requirements in Java/J2EE and Pega Rules Process Commander platform as part of the agile team
- Implement test-driven development, Continuous Deployment and Continuous Integration practices and adhere to JPMC software development process.
- Assist team in supporting the application in QA and production environments
- Identify opportunities for process and tool improvements; drive them from concept to implementation
- Keep abreast with the latest development practices and road map of Pega
- Interact with business and cross block teams, identifying application impacts, interface design and technical specification design documentation
- Project scoping, release management, build planning, technical documentation and status reporting
- Lead the project team, technical training and mentoring for implementation of solutions and roll outs
- Ensure all quality standards are followed for the deliverables through code metrics checks, code reviews, unit and regression testing. Support quality assurance, performance and business user acceptance testing phases
- Lead the team on Tech Refresh initiatives to revamp the underlying technology and application infrastructure to make it compliant with enterprise wide controls and policies.
Thisrole requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture
- Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
- Working proficiency in developmental tool-sets
- Knowledge of industry wide technology trends and best practices
- Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture
- Proficiency in one or more modern programming languages: Java/J2EE, Object Oriented
- Business Process Management understanding and proficiency in Pega and/or any other workflow tool would be a plus.
- Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement
- Oracle SQL experience
- Proven hands-on application development experience in large enterprise environment
- Excellent understanding of integration with third party APIs (Webservices, JSON, REST, XML etc.)
- Proficiency in development and deployment using Websphere
- Good understanding on database design and query optimization.
- Strong willingness to learn and execute hands-on coding on Pega PRPC platform.
- Experience with progressive development practices and tools (e.g. unit testing, static code analysis, continuous integration, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; capable of writing documentation, training users in complex topics
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment while remaining productive and professional; exercise patience and ability to multi task
- Agile Experience
The Cybersecurity & Technology Controls group at JPMorgan Chase aligns the firm's cybersecurity, access management, controls and resiliency teams. The group proactively and strategically partners with all lines of business and functions to enable them to design, adopt and integrate appropriate controls; deliver processes and solutions efficiently and consistently; and drive automation of controls. The group's number one priority is to enable the business by keeping the firm safe, stable and resilient.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech organizations. In our global technology centers, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $11B annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.