Nomura is an Asia-based financial services group with an integrated global network spanning over 30 countries. By connecting markets East & West, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its three business divisions: Retail, Asset Management, and Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Banking). Founded in 1925, the firm practices disciplined entrepreneurship while building on a long tradition of serving clients with creative solutions and considered thought leadership.
- This opportunity is for a front office Developer who will be responsible for designing / developing technology tools for trading desks. Hands on design, architecture and code optimization experience are a must.
- The role is a hands-on development working closely with trading and structuring to provide technology solutions in partnership with the front office team.
- Experience with Java, VBA, Python, Vizualization and ETL tools, SQL knowledge is very beneficial, and the candidate will need to adhere to IT best practices as laid down by the Global Markets IT team .
- Java is a requirement as is FIX messaging due to the increased focus on eFX product build out for Options.
- The ideal candidate will have a proven history of working closely with traders and developing sophisticated trading tools and experience in a fast moving front office business environment.
- The candidate will be equally comfortable working in the low level detail and in discussing business concepts with a range of users/stakeholders.
Key Experience & Skills
Skills, experience, qualifications and knowledge required:
- Front office experience
- FIX Messaging
- Excel VBA
- FX Options products or equivalent
Preferable Additional Skills / Experience:
- Business Analysis
- Rates products knowledge
- Curve building, interest rate derivatives pricing, calibration
- Working closely with support on escalated / more complex support issues