Lead Software Engineer (Remittance), Group Consumer Banking and Big Data Analytics Technology, Technology & Operations
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
This role is responsible for Software Engineering lead for branch and self-service banking business in Singapore and regionally. As an Engineering Lead, the candidate will be responsible for productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation to guide DBS's transformation towards a Digital and Intelligent Bank. Responsibilities
- Manage end-to-end delivery of Remittance & Payment initiative across countries
- Provide efforts sizing and Technical design specifications for Business & Tech initiatives
- Work with business and tech stakeholders on alignment of requirements and delivery to ensure reuse
- Align to architecture principles and standards & make sure the deliverables and solutions adhere to organization design principles.
- Provide strong governance controls over the technology environment, in accordance with established standards and procedures. Instill strong engineering discipline in the team
- Work with developers to come up with detailed design & implementation plan
- Ensure the code quality by implementing the programming guidelines and review tools
- Manage internal agile teams to ensure quality delivery
- Work and drive vendors to provide relevant solutions
- Interface with technology teams from other platforms as appropriate
- Drive POCs to assess new solution/application paths
- Build competency center and subject matter expertise that business and tech stakeholders can depend on
- Survey market landscape for solution/application insights, direction, vendors, and methods
- Must have experience in delivering complex projects in a cross-geography setup
- Must have 10+ years of technology delivery experience with full SDLC
- Build Dev Ops culture within the delivery cells
- Should have hand on experience building and managing real-time high throughput applications that operate 24/7"
- Should understand payment domain and must have worked in rolling out payments platform in the region
- Experience with development and socializing of business case and conducting product roadshow
- Experience in developing and presenting solutions & design to design review boards.
- Good understanding of infrastructure components like webservers, appservers, plugins, connection pooling, SLB, firewalls etc.
- Certification in AWS is an added advantage
- Strong communication skills including engaging senior management on strategic plans, leading project steering committees and status updates.
- Experienced in Agile methodology.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.