Leading Independent Corporate Trustee ; general compliance ; at least 3 - 5 years of relevant experience ; candidates with trustee experience will have an advantage
Our client is an independent and diversified financial services group providing specialised investment management, personal wealth advisory and corporate fiduciary services.
In line with their growth strategy in Asia, they are seeking to hire a Compliance Manager for their Corporate Trustee arm in Singapore – one of the leading independent trustees in the region.
Reporting to the SVP – Legal & Compliance, Singapore, you will be working alongside Sales & Marketing (including onboarding) and Operations to ensure the continued success of the Company’s provision of a full suite of trustee services in Singapore.
Key responsibilities as below:-
- Ensure compliance with the Singapore legal and regulatory requirements for the business by formulating compliance management policies and internal controls that are clearly communicated, understood and implemented.
- Facilitate compliance with matters relating to regulatory and industry body requirements, with a particular focus on AML/CTF.
- Ensure adequate compliance controls are set in place for the company and its clients and ongoing monitoring to ensure effectiveness.
- Keep abreast of all regulatory matters and act as compliance officer to ensure management is fully informed of current, new or proposed legislation that affect business activities.
The key services that you will provide to the company include:
- Ensure all new client relationships have undergone the appropriate document review, client identification screening and risk assessment prior to onboarding and entering into transactions;
- Ensure all existing KYC documentation and information is updated and validated correctly on a periodic basis, risk assessments are completed and necessary escalation is performed;
- Conduct ongoing monitoring, due diligence and reviews on clients, including enhanced due diligence;
- Play an active role in the identification, investigation, escalation and reporting of suspicious activities and transactions;
- Provide sound reasoning and justification on AML/CFT matters;
- Review and update existing policies and procedures to ensure adherence to regulations, guidelines, standards and Perpetual policies;
- Advise on relevant MAS regulations and implications on company policies including outsourcing, technology risk management, cyber security and business continuity management;
- Implement and conduct controls and sample testing and ensure all risk events will be managed and escalated where necessary;
- Assist with the ongoing review, maintenance and development of key risk and compliance documentation including FATCA/CRS review and risk assessments;
- Provide updates on Notices / Circulars / Guidelines received from various regulatory bodies and Group;
- Liaise with internal & external auditors with the ability to provide process walkthrough.
- Degree or degree level qualification;
- Have at least 3-5 years of working experience, with three years in an AML compliance/internal audit position. Relevant experience with a global financial institution and/or trustee is an added advantage;
- Excellent technical knowledge and understanding of financial crime legislation, rules and regulations in Singapore;
- Effective and clear communication; comfortable in facing different stakeholders at senior levels;
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills, with an investigative mindset;
- Strong planning and organisation skills;
- High motivation for risk and control, with a positive can-do attitude.
We encourage interested qualified candidates to email an updated resume in word doc format to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating current and expected compensation. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
[Florence Teo, R1105626]