Legal Counsel - Legal / Taxation / Compliance Singapore
- Providing legal advice, focusing on the financing business of the bank, including drafting and/or negotiation and/or review of related documentation and liaising with external counsel where necessary. Coverage includes:
a. Facility agreements and related security arrangements, including bilateral and syndicated financing, and project financing and finance-related hedging;
b. Accounts and cash management;
c. Bank guarantee, performance bonds, corporate/personal guarantees, SBLCs, and L/C; and
d. Adherence to relevant SG policies and advising on applicable laws and regulations. Experience in the following areas would be an advantage:
a. Trade and commodity financing;
b. Receivables related financing; and
c. Knowledge of and providing advice relating to laws, regulations, practice and rules including UCP, ISP and URDG.
- Providing legal advice and assistance on legal matters to the front office, back office and middle office representatives and other teams or departments of the bank (including other legal teams in Asia and Europe) in connection with the above and branch and South East Asia activities.
- Reporting and escalating appropriate matters on an ongoing and regular basis to line manager and working closely with other members of the legal department.
- Providing assistance in updating guidelines, procedures and standard templates relating to the above activities.
- Other financing-related work covered by the SG legal department and/or involving SG Singapore Branch and entities and businesses covering the South East Asia region.
All our positions are open to people with disabilities Profile Key Skill areas, Required knowledge & Experience:
- Sound knowledge and understanding of Singapore laws, regulations and guidelines in relation to banking and financing activities and a working knowledge of related areas of law and regulatory environment;
- Experience in structuring, drafting and negotiating legal documentation for financing business of the bank, and understanding of standard banking documents, such as LMA/APLMA documents;
- Singapore law qualified with c.2-6 years' PQE as a practising lawyer or in-house counsel in the financing area;
- Discipline and professionalism: strong organizational, time management, prioritization and communication skills; the ability to work under pressure and manage deadlines; and working in a team;
- Analytical skills, and the ability to apply legal analysis to different fact patterns; and
- Negotiation skills.
Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Based on a diversified and integrated banking model, the Group combines financial solidity and a strategy of sustainable growth.
Job code: 19000MCT
Business unit: Societe Generale Singapore Branch
Starting date: 29/08/2019
Date of publication: 30/07/2019