Provide Level 1, 2, and 3 support within Financial Markets and Infrastructure Services to clients globally.
Competitive compensation package
Employee Status: Permanent
Our client, Standard Chartered, is a global bank which is big enough to be relevant to the world’s most sophisticated corporations but small enough to be local, nimble and innovate. They tap into their DNA as a global trade bank, committing to the dynamic markets where they have operated for over 150 years. They link these markets with each other, as well as to Europe and the Americas, to help their corporate and institutional clients manage their global investing and financing needs. In addition, Standard Chartered use their deep knowledge in local markets to help their customers and clients grow, invest and protect their wealth. Standard Chartered Bank can offer [role, e.g. Development Managers] outstanding opportunities.
Why work at Standard Chartered?
Standard Chartered believe that every one of their colleagues plays a tangible role in delivering their purpose – “Driving commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity.” They all feel strongly about living their valued behaviours – Never settle, Doing the right thing, and Better together and their culture makes this organisation special. Standard Chartered Bank have always sought continuously to improve, to challenge themselves and to drive change within the industry, the world we live in, and with themselves to live up to their brand promise - to be Here for good.
The success of the Bank and the achievement of their business strategy hinges on the way they invest in, manage and organise their people, the employee experience they create and the culture they build. Standard Chartered are building a future ready workforce enabled by digital skills, organisational adaptability and leadership at every level. They are committed to creating an inclusive and flexible environment where their diverse talent feels able and inspired to make a meaningful contribution to the prosperity of our clients.
Purpose of the Role
- To provide 1st, 2nd and 3rd line support for all users within Financial Markets, to respond to faults and to requests for change, including (but not limited to) purchase and delivery of new products and services.
- Ensure all incidents/issues/requests are resolved and associated tickets updated in a timely fashion.
- Participate and work in an environment oriented to trust, open communication, creative thinking, with a cohesive team effort.
- Strive for team consensus and win-win agreements.
- To deliver a consistent and high quality of service, leveraging on global processes and group standards.
- Hands on technical support in Singapore.
- Support is provided to other trading centres remotely with hands and feet requirements delivered by CSS in country teams
- To manage and support the Technical Dealing Room Standards and Relationships
- To deliver support demonstrable Client focus in support of our objective to become core bank to our clients.
- To deliver technical projects to Dealing rooms and Dealing Room users
Financial Markets Domain Focus
- Provide technical support for all Financial Markets business for the following applications and services:
- All Reuters/ Bloomberg/EBS Applications, including Market Data applications
- Deal Browser and associated trading applications
- All Front Office voice technologies, including dealer boards, voice recorder & intercoms
- Email and Instant Messaging
- Desktop Computing Environment
- To provide 1st, 2nd & 3rd level technical support for all Financial Markets business products and infrastructure (desktop, server, dealer telephony & market data).
- To apply knowledge of IT, Financial Products and Best Market Practice to ensure that SCB achieve the best possible return for any investment made within the following arenas; networks, market information systems, services and communications.
- Project delivery into the FM business – to schedule, to budget, to agreed standard
Financial Markets Infrastructure Services – Engineering & Initiatives
- To plan, implement and subsequently maintain efficient, cost effective and highly resilient front office production systems (Infrastructure and Applications) and services to Group Audit and IT Technical Standards for Financial Markets businesses.
- To assist in new implementations or upgrades to existing systems, including project management, tracking and reporting
- To ensure that technical solutions proposed satisfy both the immediate and long-term needs of the business and ensure adherence with the Group’s technical and security standards in all aspects of the team’s activities.
- To assist in the provision of business recovery sites to give the ability to conduct business transactions and monitor exposure in the event of a disaster.
- Responsible for the enforcement of global strategies and standards in all Financial Markets locations including ensuring risk / compliance, processes / procedures and security / build standards are followed
- Risk management control, KCSA assistance, SIP initiatives and reporting, including Technical audit compliance, directly and indirectly.
- Accountable for the implementation and ongoing verification of Security patch’s (OS and Virus) within SCB locations.
- To ensure that technology related audits are completed successfully, and technology plays a vital role in business related audit for handling IT related matters.
- To raise risks in the appropriate forums and follow ORMAF – Operational Risk Management & Assurance Framework.
- To ensure processes, guidelines and procedures are in place and enforced for quality in installation, running, operating and support of all standard desktops, servers, local and wide area networking infrastructure, legacy systems and email system
- To maintain an expert knowledge within the team of technology and industry trends in relation to business requirements, and the direction of the Group.
- Service Management
- FMIS are protectors of the local environment, including responsibility to ensure safe and tidy IT installations and cabling, local regulatory compliance, health and safety adherence etc
- Manage high severity problem co-ordination with local vendors / resources and ensure service desk is updated with relevant information.
- Undertake relevant post mortem attendance and ownership of actions where applicable
- Work with relevant service managers and domain heads SIP and fix initiatives.
Operations Management (75%)
What you can expect from Standard Chartered.
At Standard Chartered their unrivalled network and unique markets not only delivers value for their clients, makes the biggest difference in their communities, but also created opportunities for unparalleled career and development experiences. Your hard work and talent are valued very highly, which is why you can expect a carefully chosen package of rewards with a total offering including a flexible working policy to support your work-life balance. After all, your wellbeing is just as important as salary and benefits. Standard Chartered also offers career and development opportunities, plus the chance to build your skills, they believe in investing in your development, so you can go as far as you want. High quality managers are an important part of that, and their leaders ensure you’re supported, inspired and recognised.
If you think that Standard Chartered could be the right home for your skills, you can apply here.