Line of Defense Specialist
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be the part of a start-up team building an innovative platform leveraging data, analytics to drive automated decision-making, smart automation across the full lifecycle of the business. This is a rare opportunity for a self-driven, start-up minded, strong and passionate developer to participate and contribute to a paradigm shift. We want People driven by the mission!
Our Ideal Candidate
- Design and execute high-quality test cases based on accurate business requirements analysis.
- Maintain a testing structure to facilitate future additions/amendments and ongoing execution.
- Champion and implement testing automation at every opportunity using best of breed software tools for both server side and client-side components.
- Demonstrate effective and accurate test scheduling skills in line with other project deliverables.
- Troubleshoot QA environments, diagnosing and resolving issues prior to formal testing
- Perform integration testing, performance testing and co-ordinate UAT testing
- Perform root cause analysis of issues to assist in determining the source of problems.
- Utilise Jira to effectively categorise and track issues raised during the testing cycle.
- As necessary, undertake strategic test planning & develop a strategic testing approach for each new service in support of the FM strategy, where assigned as part of individual test responsibilities.
- Identify and analyse strategic testing opportunities and initiatives.
- Participate in regular project review meetings and report status on testing tasks assigned as part of the daily status report.
- Accept responsibility for testing of tactical and strategic business initiatives and coordination of the business plans, policies, and processes in support of those initiatives.
- Constantly analyse, enhance and seek to improve testing processes.
- Champion the multiple lines of defense approach.
- Adopt pro-active, predictive and chaos-based approaches to QA/testing.
- Coordinate testing initiatives with the wider SCB quality organisation ensuring test methodology confirms to bank mandated standards
- Understanding of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Understanding and demonstrable experience of modern architecture/designs - micro-services/API-first development/high-throughput/event-driven/agent-based system, compositional frameworks
- Strong experience with Python, basic data-analysis / machine learning concepts
- Understanding of software development lifecycle
- Strong knowledge of bonds, IRS electronic markets
- Proven experience in all or a few of these areas: markets/venues connectivity, testing frameworks, testing low latency applications, building risk frameworks, lines of defence for algorithmic platforms.
- Technical knowledge in a no-SQL / doc / columnar DB such as mongoDB, kdb, shell scripts in Linux/Unix environment and or windows-based environments
- Understanding of modern dev-ops - CI/CD, containerization, orchestration
- knowledge and experience in FIX, Market Data, Analytics and OMS is a plus
- knowledge of electronic trading algo/strategies and latest progress in the area
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
- Fluent in English (speaking and writing)
- Outstanding problem-solving skills
- Proactive, self-starter, autonomous Self-motivated, multi-tasking, with strong analytical and problem-solving skills, solution oriented with proven results
- Good team spirit
- Extreme curiousness