Manager, Corporate Models
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities Strategy
- Develop credit risk IRB, IFRS9 and Pillar 2 Stress Testing models for the measurement of PD, EAD and LGD for the wholesale and retail portfolios.
- Continuously improve the models' performance and research on the latest modelling methodology and best industry practices, while meeting all regulatory and data constraints.
- Work on the end-to-end model development (PD, EAD, LGD) cycle, from data gathering and cleansing to the
- documentation and presentations to key stakeholders.
- Maintain and continue to upgrade the models based on model users and regulatory feedback and on-going model performance monitoring.
- Ensure the model outputs are fit for purposes not only for regulatory capital and ECL estimates but also for daily business usage, underwriting decisions, risk appetite decisions and strategy design.
People and Talent
- Participate in relevant model implementation and its user acceptance test to ensure models are appropriately implemented not only within the direct system environment but also its relevant downstream environments.
- Lead through example and demonstrate the bank's culture and values.
- Understand Model related uncertainty risk such as data, regulatory, business strategy, that have a direct impact on the model's performance.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Ensure the modelling process and models meet the Model Risk Policy and Model Family Standards.
- Provide timely and high-quality responses to both internal and external queries and requests.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Be compliant to home and host regulatory requirements on modelling
Our Ideal Candidate
- Group Model Validation, Model Sponsors and Owners, Model Risk Management.
- Strong degree (preferably postgraduate) in a quantitative discipline (e.g. Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Computer science, Financial Engineering, Engineering) with a clear ability for analysing data and developing statistical predictive models
- Analytical and independent thinker with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of banking risk management and Basel/CRR/EBA/IFRS 9 would be a plus.
- Proficiency in SAS/R/Python or other statistical package
- Knowledge of Basel/CRR/EBA and IFRS 9 regulations
- Machine learning techniques
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.