Manager FP&A Analytics
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
A leading role in the preparation, coordination and delivery of business performance analysis and insight to support multiple Group FP&A deliverables to Group Board and MT
Our Ideal Candidate
- Providing insightful analysis on the drivers of business performance covering:
- Return frameworks including Franchise Economic Value Added ("EVA") portfolio analysis
- Balance sheet and margin modelling and analytics
- External benchmarking and competitor analysis
- Financial modelling for planning and forecasting, analysing the impact of external drivers on business performance
- Analysis supports regular Board reports, Group Management Team updates and Group Management Business Review ("MBR").
- This role requires strong understanding of current financial and business performance drivers across all businesses and regions of the Group through regular engagement with business finance teams.
- Key point of contact within Group FP&A team for business finance and Treasury teams based in Singapore and in Asia time-zone.
- Form strong relationships with Asia-based internal stakeholders, both in finance and global functions. These typically include business/regional CFOs, FP&A teams, Treasury, Strategy and Investor Relations.
- Work closely with London and Chennai based FP&A teams to coordinate deliverables, ad hoc requests and communication with business finance teams.
- Regular briefing and knowledge sharing within team across locations on business performance themes.
- Deliver performance analysis to support key external reporting events including half and full year results and interim management statements.
- Support planning and forecasting processes with insight into business performance drivers including risks and opportunities to budget. Support Board and MT updates on Planning as appropriate.
- Work closely with process owners in Management Reporting and Planning to ensure analysis is timely, accurate and consistent with across FP&A outputs.
- The ideal candidate would have experience in FP&A, business finance, corporate strategy or investor relations with specific financial institutions experience. Prior experience in balance sheet management, capital and liquidity considered favourably.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills with stakeholders at all levels.
- Experience in managing/mentoring individuals and nurturing relationships across a complex network of stakeholders.
- High standard of written English, with the ability to review, summarise and communicate material accurately and succinctly.
- An ability to think both strategically and analytically and apply these skills to interpret internal and external events as they occur.
- Able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines while delivering quality output to senior management.
- CFA or accounting qualification is preferred but not essential.
- Experience in data analysis/visualization tools such as Tableau is preferred but not essential
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.