Manager, Risk and Control
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Ensure adherence to the Operational Risk Type Framework (ORTF), Data Quality Management Framework (DQMF), Conduct Outcomes, Compliance Risks, Model Risk Framework, Third Party Risk Management (TPRM) in identifying, assessing, monitoring and reporting of operational risk in the ERM processes.
- Work closely with Group Operational Risk (GOR) and Risk Framework Owners and ensure that risk assessment for all processes are performed at the requisite frequencies.
- Liaise with Group Operational Risk teams and ensure that all processes relating to operational risk compliance are complied with
- Represent Operational Effectiveness (OE) in various forums / senior committees on all matters pertaining to OE; p rovide support to Committees secretariats and relevant meetings coordinating agenda, presentation decks, committee papers and preparation of minutes.
- Document process maps, potential failures, risks, causes, controls and monitors for processes within ERM and adhere to Group Operational Risk policies and procedures.
- Design and implement control measures and monitoring plans for compliance and operational risk management. This includes identification of control failures with appropriate remediation and reporting risk and performance indicators, exceptions, trends, operational incidents and executive status reporting.
- Reporting operational errors losses, performing root cause analysis along with stream leads.
- Ensure sufficient actions are undertaken to mitigate, reduce or contain the identified operational risks. Undertake and / or coordinate periodic business monitoring (self-assessment) activities, escalating issues to appropriate stakeholders and senior management on non-compliance to other frameworks across the bank.
- Project Management and delivery of key projects within Enterprise Risk
- Coordinate submission of documents to both Group Internal Audit and External Auditors (KPMG) and to ensure all action plans to address audit issues raised to IFRS9 ECL team are closed on a timely basis.
- Excellent understanding of risk management practices and tools
Business Strategy and Model:
- Excellent understanding of the risk process universe
Risk Management and Control:
- Proficient Excel skills for data mining / Word and PowerPoint skills for paper writing and presentations
- Good knowledge of Operational Risk Management
Governance, Oversight and Controls:
- Familiarity with Standard Chartered frameworks, policies, standards, operations and committee structures
- Risk Governance Requirements
- Disciplined operator with commitment to high standards of personal and professional excellence coupled with strong inter-personal and communication skills
- Strong personal and professional presence and self-confidence, capable of working effectively with the executive team across all levels
- Dedicated individual with creative thinking skills and the ability to work independently
- Ability to understand processes and activities within portfolio risk and represent the team in senior forums
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.