Market Risk Analyst
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- To uphold the integrity of the Group's risk/return decisions, and in particular for ensuring that market risks for Credit Trading and Equity are properly assessed, that risk/return decisions in these areas are made transparently on the basis of this proper assessment, and are controlled in accordance with the Group's Risk Appetite.
- To ensure the Risk Management Framework is effectively embedded in Market Risk for Credit Trading and Equity
- To ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
- Daily monitoring of risk exposures for Credit Trading
- Follow up market risk related issues e.g. investigate and escalate limit excesses, potential concerns.
- Develop skill set in Credit derivatives and become a key team member facing the business.
- Provide risk / market analysis on Credit for daily/weekly risk updates and ad hoc as required on an event basis.
- Perform monthly regulatory reporting including RNIV and FDSF.
- Assist senior managers to prepare market commentary
- Help reviewing risk control framework
- Perform user acceptance testing to support rollout of technology projects involving market risk.
- Participation in ad hoc projects and requests
- Liaise with traders and Market Risk teams regarding rates issues affecting P&L and risk.
- Develop familiarity with the rates related static data in Murex and Asset Control.
- Assist with new rates set up and associated historical rate generation where required
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Align the Group's Market risk management approach for Credit Trading and Equity to the Risk Management Framework.
- Develop and maintain risk identification, measurement and modelling capabilities for Credit Trading and Equity that are objective, consistent and compliant with applicable regulations
- Ensure that material risk exposures and related issues for Credit Trading and Equity are reported to the responsible risk governance committees and to the Board Risk Committee
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Ensure the Credit market risk team achieves the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.]
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters
- Heads of Trading for Credit Trading
- FM COO Office for Credit
- Business and Product Heads
- Group Internal Audit
- Group Enterprise Risk
- Group Operational Risk
- Group Compliance
Our Ideal Candidate
- Key local regulators in the region
- The Group's external auditors
- Local governance bodies
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or any quantitative discipline.
- 2 years of experience in Market risk experience preferred. CFA and FRM certifications would be advantageous.
- Experience with the Bank's Trade Processing systems such as, Murex, FEDS, and Sabre would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of basic Credit / Derivative products would be required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Excel VBA and Access.
- Problem solver and takes ownership of assigned tasks and can manage projects to final delivery.
- Good communication skills required to engage diverse team of stakeholders across different functions and geographies.
- Willing to learn and be able to overcome a steep learning curve in a relatively short period.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.