Market Risk Management - Valuation (1 year contract)
At Bank of Singapore, we are constantly on the lookout for exceptional individuals to join our team. We promote a culture of openness, teamwork and fairness. Most importantly, we invest in our people through our programmes that develop them on both professional and personal levels. Besides attractive remuneration packages, we offer non-financial benefits and opportunities to develop your potential within OCBC Group’s global network of subsidiaries and offices. If you have passion, drive and the will to succeed, rise to the challenge today!
The successful candidate will be joining the BOS MRM-Valuation team mainly responsible for daily valuation of Exchange Traded/OTC Products including derivatives. The individual will work closely with Front Office, IAS, CRM and MRM-Stress Testing teams on valuation, model and market data related tasks and issues. Responsibilities
- Daily valuation of Exchange Traded/OTC Products including derivatives, price verification to ensure that the financial instruments are correctly valued. Market data which breaches the pre-determined thresholds are analyzed and explained. Exercise seasoned judgment when a call on valuation is required and ensuring audit trails are documented.
- Identify and initiate projects and process change that aid in improving the accuracy and efficiency of the valuation procedure.
- Working closely with Front Office, IAS, CRM and MRM-Stress Testing team to identify and resolve valuation related issues
- Identifying potential valuation issues in the new product approval process and recommend/implement valuation processes and controls where appropriate
- 2 or more years of relevant working experience in a product control/operations function preferred.
- Good University degree from Finance / Quantitative discipline; preference will be for candidates with good analytical skills.
- Advanced Excel, VBA, SQL skills are essential and experience with a functional programming language would be an advantage.
- In depth understanding of financial and structured products
- Well organized and able to work independently.
- Effective interpersonal, ability to influence and communication skills.
- Persuasive, persistent with high stress tolerance to manage stringent and moving deadlines.
- Delivery focused and embracing challenges in a quickly changing, complex and uncertain environment.