A leading Oil Refinery is seeking an experienced Oil Operator to support their Oil Trading Team(s) in Singapore. The ideal candidate should come with strong experience in cargo and shipping operations within the crude and product space.
A leading Oil Refinery is seeking an experienced Oil Operator to support their Oil Trading Team(s).
You will be part of the operations team and within a dedicated desk, work closely with traders, analysts and other operators within the crude and product team based in Singapore.
- day-to-day operations related to the execution of the whole deal life-cycle for oil trading contracts
- cargo and shipping operations, by sea and/or for land and is responsible to ensure voyage and land related operations such as vessel/ truck clearances, cargo/quantity and date range nomination, issuing of voyage orders etc are to be executed timely and accurately.
- management of supply and delivery/loading schedules with internal and external counterparties to meet trading objectives while seeking optimization and ensuring compliance.
- nomination of Inspection Companies (independent inspections etc) for related cargo quality/quantity controls and ensuring the consistency of the obtained results.
- post deal activities for customs clearance, demurrage and claims for example in ensuring all necessary operational information are passed in good time.
- Daily internal interface with operational teams, traders, charterers, shipping, invoicing, claims, demurrage and legal and ensure good working relationship with all relevant internal departments.
- Manage storage locations including stock reconciliations
The Ideal Candidate
- At least 5 years of experience in oil trading environment and multi-commodities operational management are compulsory;
- Proficiency in handling cargo documentation, bill of lading, inspection activity related to Quality & Quantity controls, LC, Demurrage management (basic calculation and preventing from time-bar); voyage orders, customs duty and clearance related issues; Storage management and Ship-to-Ship operations; Blending; REACH provisions and requirements; Cargo Insurance issues;
- Good knowledge of Commodity and Vessels Operations activities including Cargoes, Time Charters, Voyage Charters, Ships;
- Good attention to detail, organised, structured and logical;
- Experience in working in a global and international organization