Operational Excellence and systems Change Team Lead
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- BP Plc.
- 18 Jul 18 2018-07-18
The Operational Excellence and System Change Team will manage, set and promote new and continuous improvement initiatives compliant with Operational Risk standards and Internal Control processes within the region. The team will engage cross functionally to foster cooperative teamwork, and implementation of new continuous improvement practices and management actions of internal audits and incident reviews. Our commitment in Operational Excellence is to improve and standardize systems and processes with relentless focus on mitigating operational risk, embedding lessons learned, driving modernization and delivering best practice. The successful candidate will participate and contribute in global forums to deliver on the commitments.
The successful applicant will display strong leadership, technical, relationship building and influencing skills. You should have a strong bias for performance & delivery and an ability to manage change effectively. This role will also contribute to the GOEH Finance and Risk cross-functional priority deliveries.
• Engage with the front office to initiate, project manage and promote Operational Excellence within IST. Managing the interface with the regional Functions, and IT&S to identify process gaps, opportunities for improvement, priorities and share best practice.
• Management of the GOEH IST operational excellence and systems change team in the region and projects to enhance business processes and control framework
• Ensure consistent application across the regional of lessons learned and to share these lessons learnt across the regions.
• Provide input into the development of regional trading and back office processes and infrastructure aimed at maximising straight through processing, and minimising risk and errors.
• Support the development and maintenance of IST Operational Risk Standards (including Incident Reporting), Framework and Control Processes aligned with IST’s strategies
• Risk Identification & Mitigation through execution of the Incident Management and Reporting process (ORCA management) in the region
• Accountable for the preparation of regional operational excellence working group and sharing of findings across the regions.
• Accountable for the preparation and management of the risk reports for the Regional Business Risk Committee and to feed regional and IST level reporting including representation and Ownership of the Regional Business Risk Committee and ensuring terms of reference are adhered to.
• Collate the cross functional data for the regular interlocking accountabilities meetings highlighting areas for discussion / clarification with the Front office or other functions.
• Implementation of Front to Back view of Key Risk Indicators for the region, supporting timely and effective business interventions and improved metrics
• Provide operational excellence assurance for regional new activities.
• Accountable for acting as point in support of the development and maintenance of regional level Enterprise Risk Management matrices and registers, identifying key risks aligned to business strategy
• Supervision and support where required for Thematic / Deep Dive Reviews.
• Accountable for identical responsibilities for all Sub Offices within their area of coverage.
• Manage the regional Operational Excellence team and provide professional development and coaching for the team.