In collaboration with our client - a global commodities group, we are searching for an Operational Risk Manager to join their team. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer this position will work to optimize the business insurance strategy as well as proactive improvement in processes and controls across the business. The role will take on a broad range of insurance matters, business continuity planning and coordination with internal and external agencies. This is a fantastic opportunity to develop depth and broad knowledge within the area of Risk.
- Work with senior stakeholders to develop and execute business operational insurance and risk objectives
- Oversee Insurance coverage to meet commercial needs for both general corporate risks and global commodity trading
- Management and renewal of insurance policies, premium payments and budget in line with the business policies and controls.
- Staying up to date and connected with industry trends, changes and risk appetites in order to optimise and maintain business objectives
- Oversee Business Continuity Plans (BCP) including working with senior stakeholders to ensure plans are completed
- Regular review of BCP plans to ensure they are executable and cover significant business risks
Operational Risk Control
- Responsible for the measurement and record of transaction risk management in line with business processes
- Review operational incidents with a view to review policies, processes and remediation
- Review and recommend business process improvements, as requested
Key experience and skills required:
- 5-8 years operational risk or consulting experience
- Experience within a commodities trading environment
- Tertiary Degree in finance, business or related risk area
- Attention to detail, awareness and practicality to balance commercial risks and returns
- A confident and effective communicator with the ability to provide input, work independently and participate with business leaders and colleagues on anticipated and emerging issues.