Operational Risk Manager (Group Risk Management)
The successful candidate will be a member of the Group Operational Risk Management (ORM) department which is tasked with managing the risk of loss resulting from inadequate or failed internal processes, people, systems or external events.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- capital adequacy assessment for operational risk
- review and monitoring of operational risk appetite
- review and monitoring of key operational risk indicators
- identification of emerging operational risks
- management of group blended insurance programme
- Capital adequacy assessment for operational risk
- Perform calculation of operational risk capital charge by applying MAS rules
- Perform loss modelling to quantify the amount of capital required to cushion against the impact of extreme operational risk events
- Review and monitor operational risk appetite which defines the Bank's operational loss telorance
- Review and monitor key operational risk indicators which measure the Bank's operational risk profile
- Identify emerging operational risks by taking a bread scan covering across operational risk areas (people, process, systems, external factors, etc.), business segments (corporate, consumer, private banking, treasury, etc.), and geographies
- Management of group blended insurance programme
- Review and execute against the Group insurance strategy and policy by managing the following insurance programmes:
- Directors & Officers Liability insurance
- Bankers Blanket Bond
- Electronic & Computer Crime Insurance
- Professional Indemnity Insurance
- Drive the Insurance Broker Tender Process and conduct annual Broker Performance Evaluation
- Liaise with Insurance Broker on policy renewal and claims
- Assist business units with the interpretation and application of insurance programmes and conduct awareness programmes
- Facilitate the annual Risk Insurance Gap Analysis to assess our operational risk exposure against insurance coverage
- At least 10 years' experience in risk management and/or insurance management.
Experience working with risk/capital models would be an advantage.
- Good degree preferably with major in statistics/actuarial studies
- Keen to learn and broaden exposure in the area of operational risk management spanning across risk identification, assessment/measurement, mitigation, insurance and residual loss absorption.
- Strong inter-personal, presentation and project management skills
- High degree of proficiency in Microsoft applications (i.e. Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team