Process Securities settlement and Corporate actions events; Lead/Co-lead operations system migration project; Share margin financing deals monitoring.
Operations Manager (Securities Settlement, Corporate Actions)
- Ensure timely securities settlement with CDP and foreign custodians.
- Co-ordinate with sub-custodians for settlement of securities, OTC bonds and structured products;
- Process requests for securities transfers;
- Perform daily trade, position and cash reconciliation between counterparty/broker and client. Investigate and resolve any discrepancy;
- Monitor and process mandatory and voluntary corporate actions events for Singapore and foreign markets. Disseminate information to clients and collate responses;
- Monitoring of share margin financing and related business deals via updating of primary data for risk monitoring reports and informing stakeholders of margin calls;
- Manage shares collaterals arising from share margin financing business and related businesses;
- Lead/co-lead securities related system migration projects for operations such as post trade system migration or back office system enhancement;
- Perform filing for Disclosure of Interest;
- Draft and update Operations Manuals to ensure compliance with rules and regulations;
- Assist with queries from compliance reviews, audit findings and SGX/MAS
- Liaise with internal stakeholders such as front office, traders and IT.
- Comply with the Securities Futures Act (“SFA”), Securities Futures Regulations (“SFR”) and relevant Exchanges’ rules and regulations
- Any other duties assigned by Head of Operations.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of securities settlement with CDP and foreign custodians, securities depositary, corporate actions event processing.
- Prior experience in i) driving post trade system migration project; ii) share margin financing; iii) OTC bonds/derivatives settlement will be advantageous.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in a financial institution
- A degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office – Excel/Vlookup/VBA, Word, Powerpoint
- A goal-getter, independent, shows initiative, problem solver, meticulous
- Strong analytical skills and time-management
- Good command of written and spoken English and Mandarin, including Putonghua (in order to liaise with Putonghua and Mandarin speaking associates)