Principal Engineer – Mobile Framework & Container Development (C13)
The Digital S/W Engineer Sr Mgr accomplishes results through the management of professional team(s) and department(s). Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area. Contributes to standards around which others will operate. Requires in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within the sub-function as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the entire function. Requires basic commercial awareness.
Mobile framework engineering manager will lead mobile framework and platform team in a fast-paced, agile environment. Responsible for the design of complex, multi-system environments taking into account production, testing and development and customer journey adherences environments. The role provides expert knowledge of technical architecture and serve as Subject Matter Expert to developers, business, operations and technology teams. Identify, hire and build a world-class team of Engineers to define, drive and execute on this vision. Develop a team of highly motivated and talented individuals that can collaborate with Technical Program Managers, Product Managers and Mobile developers.
- A Full Stack Developer of Mobile and Web Applications
- Lead the Initial and continuing design functions for Mobile UI, Framework Service components & integrations
- Design and development of back-end micro-services, SDKs, Libraries and REST APIs with high quality, scalable, secure, low latency services
- Design and development of authentication and authorization digital UI components
- Automated CI-CD, Unit Test (BDD/TDD) and E2E deployment life cycle
- Work with architects on software and system optimizations, helping to identify and remove potential performance bottlenecks
- Focus on innovating new and better ways to create solutions that add value and amaze the end user, with a penchant for simple elegant design in every aspect from data structures to code to UI and systems architecture
- Stay up to date on relevant technologies, plug into user groups and understand trends and opportunities that ensure we are using the best techniques and tools
- Work with other software leads on developing continuous integration (CI) pipeline and unit test automation
- Serve as a technical leader on our most demanding, cross-functional project
- Ensure the quality of architecture and design of systems across mobile development
- Mobile App Operational Excellence - monitoring & operation of production services
- Manage a team of engineers and driving engineering excellence. Career management, technical skill enhancement and development of direct reports
- Migrate from Legacy monolith to Simple and manageable containers and micro services
- Possess the ability to continuously build a network of talent inside and outside of the company.
- Create mechanisms to help onboard new talent to the organization and be able to mentor others.
- Effectively coach and give feedback to direct reports to help develop talent and support career development
- While managing the team you will be able to apply performance standards and identify resource needs for the team in order to set and balance goals across team to optimize performance against department goals and employee development. This will include the ability to describe strategic importance of vision inside and outside of the team and to set and articulate expectations around leadership behavior; including role model behavior that exemplifies Citi's leadership principles.
- Design, implement, and deploy software components and solve difficult problems generating positive feedback.
- Have a solid understanding of development approaches (and how to best use them).
- Able to work independently and with your team to deliver software successfully.
- Deliver work that is consistently of a high quality (e.g., secure, testable, maintainable, low-defects, efficient, etc.) and incorporates best practices. Your team trusts your work.
- Code reviews tend to be rapid and uneventful; provide useful code reviews for changes submitted by others.
- Focus on operational excellence, constructively identifying problems and proposing solutions, taking on projects that improve your team's software, making it better and easier to maintain.
- Make improvements to your team's development and testing processes.
- Have established good working relationships with team-mates and peers working on related software.
- Recognize discordant views and take part in constructive dialogue to resolve them.
- Able to confidently train new team-mates about your customers, what your team's software does, how it is constructed, tested, operates, and how it fits into the bigger picture
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 6-10 years of relevant experience in an Apps Development role or senior level experience in an Enterprise Architecture role with subject matter expert in one or more areas.
- Exhibit expertise in all aspects of technology by understanding broader patterns and techniques as they apply to Citi's internal and external cloud platforms (AWS, PCF, Akamai)
- Lead resources and serve as a functional SME across the company through advanced knowledge of algorithms, data structures, distributed systems, networking, use of knowledge and experience to lead, architect, and drive broader adoption forward.
- Acquire relevant technology and financial industry skills (AWS PWS) and understand all aspects of NGA technology - including innovative approaches and new opportunities.
- Demonstrate knowledge on automating code quality, code performance, unit testing, and build processing in the CI/CD.
- Computer Science / Engineering Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 8+ years relevant work experience, including mobile, web app development experience in complex environment, including minimum of 5 years of experience in large framework (server, UI, iOS and Android ) development experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and excellent technical documentation skills
- Ability to work with multiple design and delivery partners including vendors
- Experience with Platform at scale: authentication, enrollment, self-servicing, notifications, transaction processing end-of-day cutoffs with limited to no degradation of system performance
- The ability to succeed in a cross-matrixed organization that relies on building support in other groups
- Capacity to adapt to shifting goals and activities. Capacity to manage multiple activities in parallel.
- Self-starter with the ability to define goals and strategies with minimal management oversight
- Willingness to take risks to develop a business in unchartered waters, ambition to build customer friendly features
- Deep Mobile application development experience is must, i.e. native iOS/Android and hybrid applications
- Development and architecture experience with devices and client technologies such as:
Java/J2EE Technologies : Java, Servlet, EJB, JMS, JSP, JDBC, JNDI,JPA, Junit
Frameworks : Struts 1.2, Log4j, JUNIT, Spring 4.x, Hibernate, Quartz, Velocity, Spring cloud & Netflix OSS.
Web Services : Java Web Services, SOAP, JAXP, JAXB, WSDL, XML
App/Portal Servers : Tomcat, JBoss, IBM WebSphere,
Web Servers : IBM HTTP Server
RDBMS : Oracle,DB2,MySQL
NoSQL DB : Mongo DB
IDE's/Tools : Eclipse 4.x, Fiddler, CA Wily, Maven, Jenkins, Selenium
Source Control : CVS, RTC, GIT HUB
Dev-Methodologies : Waterfall, Agile/Scrum
Operating Systems : Linux, Windows, Unix
Distributed Cache : Gemfire, WAS Dynacache, JCS
Cloud/APIs : Spring Boot, Pivotal Cloud Foundry , Spring REST, IBM API Manager & Developer, OAuth, Restful API JSON
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - SG ------------------------------------------------------
Time Type :Full time ------------------------------------------------------
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .