Product Development Manager
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Responsible for developing business requirements
Responsible for quality delivery of Product projects as per budget & timeline
- Work with our Product, Service & Client Implementation and Operations teams to document business requirements for new products and platforms or for enhancements to existing products and processes.
- Work with Business Analysts to interpret business requirements for technical teams, and assist technical teams in requirements understanding. Translate technical alternatives and solution plans to business teams, and assist business teams in understanding the impact.
- Develop product delivery roadmap; align with product/ sales commercialisation strategy
Responsible for successful platform roll-outs to countries
- Defining functional requirements and review technical solution for platforms
- Defining operating model and client implementation procedures in conjunction with Operations, Client Implementation teams, Client Service Group and Technology partners
- Monitoring the implementation of the end-to-end delivery of product projects & milestones
- Managing User Acceptance Test and Production Verification runs.
- Perform executive program reporting; develop program work plan
Responsible for annual platform review
- Ensuring successful product implementation post technical implementation
- Ensuring adequate training and knowledge transfer to in-country users
- Support pilot client implementation
- Plan and manage client migration
Our Ideal Candidate
- Managing the annual platform and related channel partner upgrade projects
- Continuous process improvement to update platforms to improve operations flexibility and business relevance
- Forward planning for pipeline initiatives
• Degree in Business or equivalent disciplines. Degree in Information Technology is an advantage. Experience with vendor implementation is a plus.
• Hands-on experience in implementation of ISOXML 20022 file formats for Payments
• Strong Product management, Project management, and analytical problem solving skills and use of relevant tools
• Solid product management experience in implementing medium-large scale product enablers and platforms in the transaction banking area and across multiple countries.
• Good knowledge of global cash management practices
• Ability to work to tight timelines and at the same time produces a quality deliverable.
• Ability to engage stakeholders within business, operations and technology.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and writing skills.
• 15+ years of banking experience
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.