Product Operations Owner
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
This role is responsible for end to end delivery of Strategic and Transformational re-platforming initiative for Trade finance which globally covers all the products of Trade Finance namely Documentary Trade, Open Account Trade and Risk Distribution.
As a member of the Trade operations team, the Product Owner is responsible for understanding business operation needs, developing and sequencing user stories and defects, articulating requirements, and working with the agile programming teams to ensure creation of technology products that will help our clients be successful. The Product Owner also plays a key role in collaborating with Product Managers and other stakeholders in identifying concepts such as Minimum Viable Product (MVP), training and documentation requirements, assisting in Beta and usability testing, and user acceptance testing. This position is involved in every stage of bringing new products and features to market on time. The role would involve managing individual Product owners leading different streams of Data and Products within the larger ambit of the Trade of the future re-platforming.
- Operations UI and workflows - Develop and lead the delivery of analytical solutions across a broad spectrum of uses spanning actual use cases for UI, core functional services and trade operations' requirements across countries and GBS.
- Drive the integration of the "Cost to serve" based on service costing model as part of the standard re-platforming solution and apply the same to provide cost estimates for differentiated service
- Client Service - Develop and lead the delivery of the Client service related portal requirements which would be a standalone module as part of the TradeXpress system. The role would involve collaboration with the S2B Next Gen team for the co-development of requirements captured as part of the TradeXpress.
- Requirements - Gather and translate key business intelligence requirements from multiple areas of the business and build consultative relationships with key stakeholders; apply subject matter expertise to requirements, development and testing.
- Product Expertise - Leverage and develop product and industry knowledge in Trade Finance to provide qualitative insights to provide conclusions and recommendations to senior management.
- This is a delivery role that supports a pre-defined strategy and is not itself focused on defining the actual strategy.
- Define and track the MVP through a shared understanding what is desirable, viable and feasible .
- Writes, edits, prioritizes, and owns User Stories and Defects
- Assists the Chief Product Manager with developing the product road-map and vision.
- Assists in the development of the business plans and product requirements for new products and product-based programs
- Supports Product Managers in the rollout and client adoption of new features and products through the following: demonstrations and product expertise, training, development of marketing collateral and messaging, and other associated tasks
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Ensures that the Product Development Team has clarity on the problem and business value of the solution.
- Validates business processes against the requirements of the business, compliance, and existing system functionality
- Collaborates with all stakeholders (internal and external) to ensure product issues are understood, documented and prioritized appropriately
- Participate in Sprint Planning
- Manages development and delivery against a feature backlog
- Serves as a member of and resource for the development team ensuring that they receive information they need and get adequate feedback on their work
- Participates in, and supports, all software development life-cycle activities, including development, testing, implementation and rollout
- Define and manage backlog, prioritising feature releases in line with the broader roadmap
- Be the voice of the customer in the definition of propositions, and collaborate with other product owners to converge on a broader coherent proposition
- Provide insights into product, technology and market trends, pre-empting imminent disruptions and identifying opportunities for acceleration
- Work with UX and Service Design to gain an understanding of user personas, pain points and journeys
- Gather and manage product feedback through surveys, concept testing, analytics tools, and A/B testing
- Embed the Group's values and code of conduct, to ensure adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations among employees
- Understand and ensure compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations and guidelines including those governing securities activities, company law, anti-money laundering, terrorist financing and sanctions; the Group's policies and procedures; and the Group Code of Conduct. Take personal responsibility for understanding the risk and compliance requirements of the role. Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Country / Regional Head of Transaction Banking
- Country / Regional Head of Trade
- Trade Product Management team
- Trade technology team
- Trade GBS team
- Trade product development team
- At least 10 years of work experience with experience in Trade finance product, process and data elements understanding macro business environment, trends, and competition.
- Hands on Product or Proposition Ownership experience
- Experience in large scale transformations/ change management projects preferred
- Should be able to translate client needs and transition objectives into actionable and process.
- Understanding of the overall digitization tools and technology landscape, current trends and applicability in the business environment
- Ability to co-relate technology to transition, thereby possessing the ability to sell the concept to internal stakeholders
- Ability to respond effectively to change, managing work in a fast-paced matrix environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build and maintain productive lasting relationships, even in difficult situations, with diverse people spanning internal/external organizations
- Proven ability to take a step back and look at the macro view to connect the dots between requirements
- Strong stakeholder management skills in engaging senior stakeholders
- Proven ability to perform under high pressure in a dynamic environment
- Ability to present to a large audience with comfort
- Experienced in transitioning from Waterfall to Agile, guiding inexperienced teams as product owner
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimal management oversight
- Ability to work with cross functional teams across business and technology
- Must have previous experience as a Product Owner or Business Lead for technology projects
- Strong skills in conceptual and quantitative problem-solving, aligning a broad range of stakeholders from multiple functions, and executing against a tightly-defined timeline.
- Experience in working with technology project teams, from the business perspective, a significant plus.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.