The main duty of a junior project manager in the APAC Program Management team will be to support the delivery of front-to back projects for the APAC division. You will be part of a team which leads cross-department projects, providing you with exposure to many areas of the APAC division. You will have the opportunity to work on multiple projects and there will be support for training and professional development.
The junior project manager is expected to be able to support senior project managers by leading component workstreams, assisting in the creation of reports and updates for senior management and undertaking business analysis.
- Scope the project or work stream to support the senior project or program manager.
- Help to define and implement the project governance model and associated roles and responsibilities.
- Liaise with the various business units and Corporate Functions supporting departments to establish priorities and agree solutions.
- Maintain a project plan, highlighting upcoming milestone dates
- Monitor, track and report project progress to the business partners.
- Ensure actions, issues, and risks are identified and effectively managed.
- Prepare communications within the project and to external business partners.
- Draft key artefact documents required through the project lifecycle.
- Deliver workstream objectives to support the realization of project benefit targets.
- Maintain storage and retrieval of project communications, data and business metrics.
- Establish and document business processes.
- Track project financials and provide regular reporting updates
- You have a keen interest in working in financial services
- You have actively contributed with the implementation of projects. Experience within financial services preferred, but not essential.
- You hold a Bachelor's degree and at least 1-2 years of work experience.
- You are familiar with the project lifecycle and have experience in managing challenges related to project implementation.
- Excellent communications skills, including presentation skills - in both formal and informal settings
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a structured approach to managing and completing tasks
- You have solid commercial focus - sensitive to business needs and requirements but also solution orientated?
- You have general business analysis and problem solving skills
- Excellent knowledge of standard office software applications (e.g., Microsoft Excel, Visio, PowerPoint).
- An interest to pursue a project management qualification (Prince2, PMI or similar), if not already obtained
- You are ambitious, hardworking who can work on own initiative and deliver on time whilst also being a good teammate.
- High level of integrity, sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standards, deliver high quality and accurate outputs with a can-do attitude