About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
Standard Chartered is investing significantly in its Private Banking and Wealth Management capabilities to improve the Digital experience of Clients and RMs and increase efficiency. The delivery Programmes within the PBWM portfolio are each aligned to a key product area or client segment, and span business change and technology delivery teams. Eg. the nine Programmes include:
PB (Client and RM Effectiveness | Risk, Credit, Controls & Core Banking)
WM (FX | Equities | Mutual Funds | Lending | Derivatives/Trading | Bancassurance | Advisory)
The Programme Manager will work closely with the Programme Accountable Executive, Product Owners and Technology Delivery Head to define and manage the delivery of technology solutions for PBWM clients. They will be responsible for implementing and maintaining effective controls and governance across all programme teams and stakeholder groups, and will foster collaboration both within the programme and with broader Private Banking & Wealth Management teams to drive effective execution. The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Programme Governance
- Manage the programme governance framework and be responsible for its effectiveness in providing oversight and direction to the product delivery teams.
- Prepare and deliver reporting materials to programme and portfolio level governance forums, ensuring timeliness, accuracy and relevance of data. Own the key messages to be delivered and approvals sought.
- Maintain the Programme Execution Document, detailing the budget, scope, resource and benefits for the programme; support the Accountable Executive in presenting the PED for approval by the Portfolio Governance Committee and for formally accepting subsequent changes.
- Implement and maintain the processes for reporting progress from Agile delivery teams to the programme and portfolio steering groups; keep all stakeholders informed of status.
- Ensure the programme has an effective structure for the management of risks and issues; that they are identified, maintained, reviewed, addressed and escalated in a timely manner.
- Responsible for alignment of the programme governance with SCB standards, working closely with ePMO to define the implementation of the standards within the programme management plan.
- Provide a programme quality assurance capability; conduct scheduled and ad hoc reviews of all programme materials, and ensure that programme data is complete and accurate in the enterprise reporting system (Clarity).
- Financial Management
- Prepare the programme budget as part of the PED and maintain it through the duration of the programme.
- Work with ITO Finance and other groups to provide an accurate view of actual spend; track and provide evidence for accruals, recharges and third party spend.
- Ensure accurate and realistic forecasts are maintained; monitor and follow up on variances; support the Accountable Executive in meeting the programme's financial commitments in each year and over the life of the programme.
- Encourage and enforce high standards of quality, accuracy and consistency in all project and programme logs, trackers and reporting materials.
- Identify impact on critical processes within the Bank's operational risk framework, and work with process owners and project teams to ensure robust controls.
- Develop commercialisation plans and training material, co-ordinate briefings, design and execute communication plans. Gather feedback post-implementation, and track benefits captured.
- Participate in review meetings and identify/highlight any potential issue that may impact project's cost, timeline and/or scope and work with concerned stakeholders for its early resolution
- Coordinate with Regional and Country counterparts / stakeholders in delivering the above. Role is global, physical location is with the global PBWM team in Singapore. May require occasional travel depending on specific projects.
- 10+ years banking experience as a Programme Manager, or as a senior PMO, within a large scale multi-year programme, preferably within Standard Chartered, or within a global Private Banking or Wealth Management business.
- PMP or PgMP certification preferred
- Excellent knowledge of Programme Management disciplines (planning, reporting, risk management, QA, document management, financials, benefits, resource management, stage controls, stakeholder management and governance).
- Strong practical knowledge of project or programme delivery in an Agile environment.
- Experience in managing external vendors, preferably with working knowledge of SCB Global Sourcing process and standards.
- Experienced in supporting a global group and ability to work in a highly collaborative manner across the network with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Strong skills in conceptual and quantitative problem-solving, aligning a broad range of stakeholders from multiple functions, and executing against a tightly-defined timeline.
- Excellent professional skills, including verbal, presentation and written communication skills; ability to simultaneously "see the big picture" and manage the details of implementation; ability to follow through on execution.
- Experience in one or more of the following product areas (FX, Mutual Funds, Equities, Derivatives, Lending, WM Advisory, Bancassurance)
- Demonstrated knowledge of Wealth Management or Private Banking processes and technology systems
- Experience in lean / six sigma process improvement
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.