Programme Manager – Cash Technology
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
This role holder will be responsible for managing the delivery of large scale and complex strategic programmes which may be discretionary, regulatory, or otherwise mandatory in nature.
The role holder will own and monitor the overall Programme Plan, adapting to emerging risks and issues to maximize the value of outcomes from the Programme
The Role Responsibilities
Standard Chartered's Cash Management Technology Team consists of a small committed and dedicated teams of experts in Singapore, London, Hong Kong, New York, China whilst most technology delivery is based out of Chennai and Bangalore. The team currently has the need for an urgent hire to lead a very high profile strategic program.
The ideal candidate will be an accredited professional, comfortable with both traditional waterfall modes of delivery as well as agile scaled to large programs of work. They will be a passionate, open minded thought leader, not afraid to experiment and continuously improve his and team's performance and skills to ultimately delight our customers. They will be a seasoned program manager, with a demonstrable track record of successful delivery of single and multiyear large scale, complex front to back projects and programs with several senior stakeholders and touching several existing systems within a large complex financial institution that has a large footprint, serving many markets. Preferably, some of this experience will be in the Payments or Core Banking domains. The key responsibilities of the role holder are:
In addition the job holder will be:
- Building a viable business case with an efficient Project and delivery structure
- Managing the Phase Gate framework for the Programme, complying with the Project Governance Policy and the Project and Programme Management Standards, and ensuring staff working on the Projects are aware and comply.
- Ensuring Project Managers are suitably experienced, accredited and capable.
- Confirming Clarity, the Enterprise tool for program monitoring and reporting, is up to date including Programme static, RAG status, key milestones, financials, risks, dependencies, issues, and resource forecasts, and they are tracked and reported to the Program Steering Committee (PgSC).
- Setup of the PgSC and preparing quality materials (ToR, Progress reports, Minutes etc.).
- On a quarterly basis releasing material unspent funding planned for that quarter to the overall Portfolio Review Committee (PRC).
- Mitigating and resolving risks and issues which may impair delivery.
- Reporting RAG status to PRC.
- Re-planning and prioritising Projects as required to maximise benefits and delivery efficiency
- Delivering the Programme and handover to BAU.
- Implementing Programme closure procedure. - Performing a matrix manager role for relevant Programme staff and providing feedback into their performance management. Where no Programme Manager is assigned, the Portfolio Manager will assume this role
Our Ideal Candidate
- Doing everything possible to ensure delighting customers
- Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example
- Continuously assessing the maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
- Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of healing and problem solving.
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- Creating strong credibility for self within the team and with stakeholders based on respect
- Creating a feeling of cohesiveness and a positive working environment within the team
- Effectively and quickly dealing with conflicts and difficult interpersonal situations
- Demonstrating good technical and/ or business understanding to facilitate and coach effectively
- Living and promoting the Organisation values (Do The Right Thing, Never Settle and Better Together)
- An appropriate accreditation - PgMP, PMP or CSM
- At least ten years of management experience in a relevant context
- A degree in a relevant subject or demonstrated ability to deliver the responsibilities required.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and introduce innovations to Programme management;
- Excellent organisational and planning skills, with an ability to multitask in a busy environment
- Demonstrated team management skills but also an ability to work productively in teams, building cohesive environments.
- Effective communication skills, both verbally and in written form at all levels of authority
- Excellent understanding of finances and budgets
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.