Programme Manager (General Management)
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Security Technology Services (STS) is a critical function within Standard Chartered Bank operating under the overall purview of "Technology Services".
The STS team is made up of cyber security thought leaders, who are accountable for the provision of a global set of cyber security services and products in order to maintain and continuously improve Bank's cyber security posture in today's ever evolving cyber security landscape.
The STS team protect the Bank from cyber security threats by delivering effective information security technology services, managing and responding to security incidents to ensure, and support the continuity and growth of Bank's business operations; and meet the both internal and external stakeholders' expectations across 70+ countries and territories, in which SCB operates.
As part of the Security Transformation activities within SCB, the Programme Manager is part of the Programme's leadership team and is responsible for the management and delivery of one of the programmes as well as its supporting projects in the Security Transformation programme.
In addition, the Programme Manager will be responsible for building out the capabilities of the India-based programme teams
Our Ideal Candidate
- Lead the planning and implementation of Programme and associated projects
- Manage Programme budget
- Manage Programme resource allocation
- Ensure Programme measures, as per the Bank's standards, are in place and workstream governance for benefits tracking are implemented end-to-end
- Quality assurance for the Programme and projects
- Plan and schedule project timelines within Programme
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables
- Define project tasks and resource requirements
- Develop full scale project and Programme plans
- Ensure that all Programme submissions to committees and working groups (PED, Red Packs, Closure Reports, Benefit Reports, Progress Reports, etc.) are of the right quality and are timely
- Provide regular updates to Programme leadership
- Assemble and coordinate project staff
- Provide direction and support to project team
- Constantly monitor and report on progress of the project to all stakeholders
- Work with 2nd and 3rd lines of defence to ensure issues that are raised are addressed in a timely manner
- Build out Chennai and Bangalore Programme and project team capabilities by making key hires, assessing current capabilities and creating and executing a resourcing plan that cuts across the 6 programmes.
- A minimum of 15 years of Programme management experience in large and complex, multi-geography, multi-displinary projects/programmes.
- Experience in developing high performing teams
- Certification in PMP
- Highly entrepreneurial with a high level of energy, dedication and an unrelenting drive to deliver value.
- Strong sense of personal ownership and responsibility in accomplishing the organisation's goals.
- Is confident and will roll-up his/her sleeves to drive success
- Able to get things done in a quick-paced environment. Be transparent and open around what doesn't work and what does
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills with ability to manage multiple deadlines and effectively prioritise
- Experience of influencing relevant stakeholders and decision makers, and executing decisions efficiently and consistently
- Excellent communication skills - oral, written and presentation; technical reporting writing across various types of target audiences
- Knowledge of Clarity & ePMO standard
- Domain knowledge in technical project delivery preferred
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.