About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Prioritise investment proposals in line with strategy and regulatory commitments.
- Monitor and maintain portfolio within approved budget and resource boundaries. Reprioritise projects within the approved budget and resource boundaries
- Approve commencement of projects after reviewing project execution plans, project risks and regulatory commitments. Ensure project deliverables and benefits are measurable and monitored.
- Govern the portfolio of projects with a focus on high risk projects during their lifecycle. Ensure projects are managed in accordance with the Project Governance Policy and Group Project Management Guide. Suspend project activity to mitigate risk if required.
- Review Red status projects and approve their remediation plans. Escalate top project risks and issues to the Group PRC particularly those relating to interdependencies across Business lines or Functions.
- Escalate costs outside of the approved portfolio budget to the Group PIC.
- Review and approve Benefit Reports and Project Closure Reports.
- Ensure all group project management methodologies and governance processes are followed and embedded across Portfolio
- Ensure that all submissions to the Group PRC and Group PIC are done on a timely basis
- Support the respective project teams in the sourcing and provision of the various project pre-requisites such as Cost Centre, Initiative ID - project headcount, etc.
- Support the annual project investment process to ensure timely submission to Finance covers all areas of investments which are pertinent to the Business
- Perform periodic reforecast exercise with respective project managers to ensure that project spent is updated
- Be responsible for periodic project reporting and control to senior stakeholders
- Be the main point of contact for all project-related audits
- Implement process for change management and prioritisation
- Be responsible for the overall coordination efforts on behalf of Country with the PMO team on all project related investments, prioritisation, finance and delivery matters
- Min 10+ years experience in Banking or related fields, with a broad exposure to end to end Banking value chain from Sales, Product Management, Product Development, Channel Management, Technology and Operations.
- Demonstrate a strong knowledge of Group Risk & Audit Functions.
- Strong in Programme/Project Management covering:
- Risk Management
- Change Control
- Programme/Project Financial Management
- Project Interdependency Management
- Benefit Management
- Portfolio Management
- Stakeholder Management.
- Exceptionally strong business project management skills a necessity, with proven track record of managing multiple projects.
- Deep knowledge of programme/project management and good understanding of complex projects with interdependencies.
- Able to handle a large portfolio of complex projects.
- Understand the strategic alignment of the projects.
- Demonstrated ability to drive results and influence without authority across a regional or global organization.
- Persuasive communication skills and strong results orientation.
- Strong stakeholder management.
- Ability to work at multiple tasks under pressure and with conflicting priorities.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.