Our client, a leading financial services company is looking to hire a proactive Quant Developer to join their team.
- In-depth knowledge of design patterns, software architecture and design principles and how to implement them.
- He/she should be familiar with common technologies used in distributed systems as well the use and maintenance of database systems.
- Familiarity with technologies related to distributed systems such as Kafka, Redis, ZooKeeper, Mesos and Kubernetes
- Experience using relational (MySQL etc.) and NoSQL (Cassandra, MongoDB)
- Working knowledge in various database and messaging technologies such as SQL, Redis, Kafka, Cassandra etc.
- Demonstrated ability to program in Python (working knowledge of Numpy, Pandas, Django and Asyncio) and developing cluster-based applications on Linux/Unix platforms; familiarity with scripting languages
- The candidate must have strong knowledge of Python 3 and associated libraries.
- The engineer needs to constantly write unit tests and document all code.
- This person should have a solid understanding of the development process pipeline, practicing effective code version control, as well as Continuous Integration and Deployment.
- Degree in a quantitative or technical discipline from a top tier institution
10+ years of experience as a developer with experience in developing distributed systems; demonstrated experience mentoring and guiding junior members of the team.
- Possess a strong mathematical background to better understand the quantitative environment and more effectively translate business requirements into software solutions