Risk & Compliance Product Owner PB Platform
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer Primary Responsibilities
Ability to establish and communicate product vision:
- Ensure end-to-end requirements are gathered and well-understood from various business partner groups that can span from Front Office to Mid and Back office support functions, and First Line of Defense & Compliance, to then create with a vision for the product
- Work with our user experience designer to come up with a compelling user interface
- Prioritize the book of work for 2-3 agile IT development teams (located in Changi, Shenzen, and Pune), balancing non-functional and functional improvements, required end of life / end of support upgrades and bug fixes
- Ensure all parties (business and IT) are aware of the product vision, the scope of the MVP, the expected benefits (and measure the benefits it actually realizes) and the project timelines
- Manage change impact of the projects deployed to production (estimate efforts and make business aware of data migration needs, support trainings, post go-live handholding of new releases)
- Engage business partners by providing updates through informal or formal meetings and ensure decisions are adequately syndicated and documented by relevant partners
- Identify risks and dependencies and issues early and actively drive respective mitigations
- Identify key business partners on the business lines and support departments from front to back upon new initiatives
- Assist in translating requirements and use cases into test conditions and expected results with the help of SME / work stream leads for integration, functional, performance and user acceptance testing
- Ensure compliance with established guidelines for accurate and timely project delivery milestones
- Define and implement the automation strategy and platform vision for key client data management processes
- Accountable for platform stability of owned systems
Scrum team leadership, organization and delivery:
- Actively establish strong domain understanding both deep and broad for the relevant end-to-end processes. Understanding user pain points, process flaws, operational risks, compliance requirements, etc.
- Follow market trends and be aware of competitor offerings
- Develop innovative product recommendations based on business, technical, and opportunity assessments, demonstrating the gained domain experience
- In partnership with key business partners form and maintain the product vision. Represent vision and the functional requirements of the business partner community to delivery team, being the first source of information
- Convey the product vision to the scrum team and organization
- Help broaden and deepen domain knowledge in Scrum teams
- Actively manage agile project progress against quality standards, targets and budgets and challenging actions, results and activities
Strong Business Partner Management:
- Define and prioritize product roadmap and team backlog such that the solution effectively addresses program priorities while maintaining technical integrity, focusing on incremental delivery and strict bare Minimum Viable Product as first delivery.
- Negotiate to prioritize items in Product Backlog that mitigates technical/financial/operational risk, accelerates team learning, best achieves expected outcomes and optimizes the value of the work performed.
- Focus on early integration of systems
- Ensure Product Backlog is visible, transparent, and clear to all, and shows what the Scrum Team is working on now and will work on next. Communicate and ensure team understands items in the Product Backlog to the level required
- Author requirements, epics, user stories, tasks and timelines aligned with user/customer/market needs and in agreement with scrum team; ensures stories meet the "definition of ready" criteria; only team member with the authority to accept new user stories into the baseline
- Manage, lead and mentor team members on how to execute the product vision / roadmap.
- Co-Lead sprint team ceremonies including daily stand ups, planning sessions with squads and work with the team to decompose stories into development tasks
- Ensure the team is exposed to the business users/representatives, conduct regular sprint demos and solicit user feedback
- Seek to identify business partner needs, negotiate priorities between competing interests, and then collaborate with developers to ensure that the requirements are implemented effectively.
- Keep customers &/or users apprised of status and gather their feedback - testing, validating hypotheses regarding their needs
- Identify, establish and maintain strategic relationships with key internal and external decision-makers and business partners Influence or negotiate key product strategy decision points and milestones
- The primary output of this role would be to continuously deliver critical changes to the organization by demonstrating technology to advance risk & controls systems across Credit Suisse Client Platform in Asia Pacific.
- Ensure quantifiable and qualitative benefits are identified and committed by the business partners
- Ability to work independently and adaptable
- 3-5 years' experience in risk & compliance, data science, technical visualization in combination with 5+ years' experience in Banking or Wealth Management Industry, Risk Management
- Understanding of agile development process and JIRA management
- Business development competence and understanding of technologies with applicability to
- Strong communication skills
- Strong desire to reach business results
- Strong Project and/or (IT) Product Management Skills
- Strong consulting mentality with experience presenting to or advising executive level management
- Passion for excellence, digital space, process efficiency and finding joy in building something new!
- Ability to prioritize and work well under pressure
- Outstanding interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Good problem solving, analytical and technical skills a plus
- Confident personality with excellent relationship skills and intellectual curiosity
- Qualification of a college or higher education in business/engineering/technology/mathematics
- Result oriented, dedicated, hardworking who can work on own initiative and can deliver on time under pressure with a high level of integrity and flexibility, sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standards
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.