SENIOR MANAGER - STRATEGIC INITIATIVES
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Perform deep-dive on Regulatory Returns for Singapore and Regional countries, define future state for Financial and regulatory reporting for SG Country Finance, incorporating guidance from respective regulators with on-shore finance requirements
- Drive discussions to unlock potential roadblocks on requirements and define implementation steps in the FRR landscape transformation
- Ensure end-to-end project delivery is managed and followed through across the change/ project lifecycle from i.e. initiation, providing and signing off business requirements, User Acceptance Test, Go-live and post go-live
- Escalate all change/ project risks and issues and ensure mitigating actions are put in place on a timely basis
- Define testing cases and approaches and ensure UAT entry and exit criteria are met.
- Log issues (UAT and post go-live), assign criticality and closely follow-up till full resolution
- Work closely with cross functional teams and deliver effectively in system implementation (automation of regulatory reporting) and data quality improvement projects
Our Ideal Candidate
- Manage relationships with project and country stakeholders and pro-actively communicate change initiatives/impact at key milestones (Initiation, UAT, Issues, Go-live)
- Partner with Technology and work collaboratively with respective Finance unit heads to achieve project objectives
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
- Recognised financial management and/or accounting experience and qualifications (ACA, CPA, CA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Track record of working in a very organised way, multi-tasking, prioritising, and setting and achieving deadlines
- Demonstrate a "#NeverSettle" attitude.
- Strong working knowledge of ledger and transaction processing systems in the Banking industry.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Capacity to think creatively and laterally
- Good reasoning and analytical skills
- High level of drive and resilience along with attention to detail
- Prior experience in improvement initiatives and projects would be preferred
- Strong knowledge of IFRS, SFRS and MAS regulations and reporting requirements of returns and ratios (e.g. 610, 649, 639, AMR) would be preferred.