SVP/VP, Program Director, Consumer Finance, Group Consumer Banking and Big Data Analytics Technology, Technology and Operations
Business Function Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels. Job Description Summary The role is responsible for managing and leading the strategy and roadmap for transformation of existing consumer finance legacy platform. Program director needs to work closely with the stakeholders across the bank to plan, implement and drive technology programs and related projects within the AGILE framework. This role will play an integral role in ensuring the success of these programs, and be a change agent for the way programs and projects being run. Responsibilities
- Lead a cross-functional team of stakeholders to develop a vision and a roadmap for consumer finance technology platform
- Define the delivery plan as per strategy/roadmap and obtain buy-in and approval from senior management and stakeholders for plan execution
- Manage a team of resources comprising in-house staff, contractors and product vendors to deliver the migration plan and roadmap.
- Build and foster a high-performance culture, mentor team members and provide team with the tools and guidance to transform current legacy platform to the new platform on cloud architecture
- Plan, lead and drive projects through entire lifecycle for all countries.
- Create deployment strategies for existing and new services based on business objectives.
- Foster collaborative partnerships across functional teams including remote teams.
- Identify areas of risk and methods of mitigation for large, complex projects
- Influence the software development process in an evolving organization. Provide recommendations and insights on our software design, Agile, software development, release management and site reliability processes.
- Coordinating with key stakeholders across teams to improve alignment, develop joint priorities with the technology and business teams
- Define and enhance implementation methodologies and practices with best practice and practical experience of continuous improvement
- Manage highly complex issues arising from the implementation of new platform
- Responsible for quality of deliverables & ensure the program can deliver the benefits outlined in the business case
- Responsible for project planning, resource allocation, budget, steering committee leadership and team organizational structure management
- Manage relationships with vendors and service providers to ensure they cost-effectively meet the needs of the organization
- Work with IT leaders to develop overall IT strategy in the context of the business strategy
- Lead Steering Committee meetings with key stakeholders for each program to help make key decisions, remove obstacles, and address key program issues. Be the key driver to ensure business goals are met and support the strategic vision of each program.
- Ability to establish credibility and rapport with senior executives and technical and non-technical team members alike.
Apply Now We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.
- Demonstrated 20 years' progressive management experience, including large-scale Project & Programme Management.
- Proven effectiveness driving complex multi-stakeholder planning processes, driving cross-team programs to desired results, and managing risk.
- Project/program management leadership including scope, schedule, budget, quality, risk, communications, procurement, human resources, and integration management
- Proven competency in strategic leadership, executive communication and influence, organizational agility, cross-team collaboration, drive for results, and written and verbal communications
- Demonstrated leadership abilities; effective in matrix management and team building
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to speak to technical-level staff and summarize communications for business stakeholders and executives
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to perform under pressure and management of multiple priorities with competing demands for resources
- Change driver - Significant experience in managing and driving change
- Highly effective in managing the risk and cost implications of IT contracts or contract negotiations
- Ability to act as in a consultative manner with both business and IT leaders to align strategy
- Knowledge in technical program management methodologies.
- Demonstrated experience building, mentoring, and growing technical program management or engineering teams of 100 or more.
- Experience taking ownership and delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Solid understanding of Agile/Scrum methodologies, Project Management, Software Development Life Cycle, Software Quality Assurance methodologies, and familiarity with project management tools and bug/issue tracking system.