SVP, Distribution Strategy Lead, Consumer Banking Group
As the leading bank in Asia, DBS Consumer Banking Group is in a unique position to help our customers realise their dreams and ambitions. As a market leader in the consumer banking business, DBS has a full spectrum of products and services, including deposits, investments, insurance, mortgages, credit cards and personal loans, to help our customers realise their dreams and aspirations at every life stage. Our financial solutions are not only the best in the business - they were made just right for you. Your Role
- With the evolution of the Digital era into the Cognitive Banking era, it is time to transform our omni channel experience using artificial intelligence and machine learning solutions to enable a hyper personalized experience for our customers at scale.
- Main objective of the distribution head role is to re-imagine the way our front line operates, and define and implement a future proof, scalable distribution operating model which can be industrialized across the region.
- By driving operational efficiency through a data first approach, the operating model should maximise business competitiveness and profitability.
- This role sits at the intersection between business and science, and requires disruptive thinking.
- Work with the Front-Office/Distribution Management team to re-define, design and implement a new segmentation, out-reach models and front office/distribution channel operating model that can be scaled and industrialised across the region.
- Use a data-first approach by leveraging on the Data Science and Analytics research, findings and analysis to uncover actionable insights and develop testable hypotheses and use cases from the datascience ando support the experimentation and implementation which could include exploratory assessments to in-country execution
- Govern and champion the Wealth Continuum framework to facilitate the grooming and movement of our Relationship Managers across the wealth segments of Treasures, Treasures Private Client and Private Bank.
- To drive and facilitate cross border programs for front office
- Build effective relationship with stakeholders to influence Front-office Management and leaders to take action
- Be subject matter expert in all matters relating to the Front Office including day-to-day, business activities and operations across the respective Wealth segments in the region
- Adopt a data-first approach in digitalizing the front-office to drive operations efficiency to deliver delta on the business revenues to support the shift towards Cognitive Banking
- Focus on quick wins and scalability in coming up with creative solutions to move the needle for the business
- Ability to demonstrate thinking out of the box, not accepting status quo, consistently looking for opportunities to improve/enhance areas of focus
- Ability to think strategically for the business through a data lens
- Close collaboration with other work streams within the department and manage key stakeholders
- Receive positive feedback from peers and seniors during 360 reviews.
- At least 10 years in banking and financial services, with good understanding of wealth management business
- Experience in business strategy, front office and project management
- Possess business acumen, numerically literate
- Passionate about data and insights, extremely curious with great attention to details
- Appreciation for the consumer and front office behaviours and is familiar with forward industry trends and data-related innovations across the region
- Goes beyond cookie-cutter analysis and collaborates with internal partners to provide bespoke solutions
- Well-honed interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to tailor frameworks, concepts or results to a variety of audiences including Senior Management
- Experience guiding and executing cross-functional initiatives to completion, while remaining hands-on.
- Demonstrate ability to craft compelling presentations to stakeholders and Senior Management
- Proven experience in a regional role, managing multiple stakeholders and teams
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to think out of the box with a positive Can-do attitude
- Ability to multitask, be flexible, and thrive in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment
- Self-starter but loves working in a team and wants to avoid a silo environment
- Interest in new technology that promotes forward thinking, efficiency, and scalability.
- Strong numeric / analysis skills
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of business needs (both internal and external) and insights for developing differentiated strategies.
- Drive innovative culture and inspire the team to play to win
- Build a risk management and control culture and ensure guidelines are adhered
- University level degree
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.