Senior Analyst - Group Model Validation
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
You will work on a variety of models covering many all aspects of the model life cycle. These include data management, methodology, programming, quantitative assessment, governance and compliance to standards. The successful candidate will exhibit a pro-active business engagement strategy, contributing to the development and maintenance of a robust model risk measurement and reporting system. Key aspects of the role include:
Our Ideal Candidate
- Independent evaluation of new and existing risk models including IRB/IFRS9/Scorecards.
- Assessment of changes to existing models and related risk data and infrastructure.
- Assist with the delivery of the validation plan, ensuring timely identification of issues and completion of projects to the required standard.
- Qualitative review of model development process including underlying assumptions & theoretical basis.
- Quantitative assessment of model performance via data evaluation and statistical testing.
- Coordination with internal stakeholders on model issues, achieving suitable resolutions.
- Documentation of findings and communication of results / justifications to senior management
- Graduate level qualifications in statistics, banking, finance, econometrics, mathematics or related quant field.
- Experience in risk analytics, developing or validating statistical models across banking products and customer groups.
- Proficient in statistical and data analysis of large datasets using data management software including SAS and Excel.
- Knowledge of banking data and IT infrastructure, including data management and data quality control
- Strong focus on quality control and attention to detail.
- Curious, with ability & experience of speaking up and challenging perceived wisdom.
- Post graduate qualifications in statistics, banking, finance, econometrics, mathematics or related quant field (MSc, PhD).
- Excellent understanding of a retail business and products (mortgages, credit cards, personal loans).
- Understanding of the regulatory environment related credit risk modelling and experience in dealing with regulators on complex technical issues will be highly regarded.
- Exposure to developing and automating risk MIS / model performance monitoring.
- Advanced VBA or other programming skills.
- Effective presentation and business engagement skills at senior executive level.
- Ability to understand and interpret regulatory requirements and explain such interpretation to stakeholders and senior management.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.