Senior Business Analyst
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
The purpose of the role is to provide Project Management/Business Analysis to the Financial Markets Technology group, looking after the on-boarding of new Products for Financial Markets. The role will be responsible for driving the end-to-end on-boarding of new products into the FM technology landscape. SABRE
is the sole FM cross asset risk management platform (Standard Chartered Analytics Booking and Risk Engine) and delivers consolidated risks primarily to Structured and Derivatives traders within the Front Office.
The current investments into the platform sponsor the following objectives:
- Extend the Control Framework around trades and market data to support official use of the risk numbers generated by the platform for all consumers and substitute to all other FM systems,
- Expand the use of the platform to Market Risk, Finance and Operations usage and meet regulatory objectives such as the Fundamental Review of the Trading Book (FRTB),
- Develop the platform into the primary trade booking and life-cycling system for FM, removing the dependency on current legacy Transaction Processing systems
- On-board all new products required by the different Trading desks into the SABRE infrastructure
This role consists in joining the SABRE
project team responsible for on-boarding of New Products. The team looks after the end-to-end on-boarding process, working closely with the Trading desks to configure the products and coordinating the validation, UAT and approvals to trade with all support functions involved.
Joining as a Senior Business Analyst
on this initiative, the candidate will take full ownership of products in the pipeline and be responsible for their full delivery till production. He will also contribute to the continuous transformation of the platform and the processes to support faster time-to-market for product on-boarding. This includes progression of the Continuous Build/Continuous integration roadmap, both within SABRE and within the Analytics library, as well as process optimization across functions involved.
The job purpose consists in:
Our Ideal Candidate
- Building strong, effective relationships with both the business and technology teams, across global offices.
- Collaborating with all Front Office and control functions to gather requirements for the new products, solve business problems by proposing relevant, innovative solutions in consultation with the technology teams where required.
- Contribute to the initial Business Cases for products, including expected client revenue and expected implementation costs, to support the prioritization of the product pipeline.
- Creation of the Booking Model documentation for prioritized New Products, specifying all aspects of the Front to Back business processes, across the product's life-cycle.
- Coordination and tight tracking of the product validation with Front Office and control functions, including construction of the User Acceptance Testing plan and coverage, execution across all teams involved and follow-up on challenges identified with the product.
- Follow-up on the products production releases, post-implementation support.
- Working as part of an agile team including Business Analysts, Developers and Testers and being able to identify business implications of technical design decisions and influence them accordingly.
- Providing regular and detailed transparency on the on-boarding progress to the product sponsors (Trading Desks)
- Working across asset classes FX, Rates, Credit and Commodities (both structured and flow)
- Deliver functional consistency across the various projects by influencing architecture and design decisions
- Ensure products are on-boarded on time and on budget, tracking delivery timelines closely and providing full transparency on progress to the product sponsors (Trading Desks)
- Understand the users requirements and translate into appropriate detailed Booking Model documents, questioning and challenging assumptions and status quo
- Propose relevant solutions and alternatives to meet business needs
- Pro-actively engage, manage and build strong relationships with both business and technology stakeholders
- Translate solutions into detailed, unambiguous, business and functional requirements
- Ensure the overall quality of Booking model documents, functional specifications and other supporting documents meet the bank's standards
- Work proactively with fellow BAs and other team members, ensuring work is proportionally distributed and targets are met
- Ensure documents such as Booking Models and functional specs support the development of practical technology solutions and suitable test cases
- Work as part of a combined cross-functional agile team and support the on-going build as required e.g. drafting/reviewing of test cases, closing out developers open issues/questions, contributing to solution design etc…
- Assist the business with the on-boarding UAT, including test cases preparation, planning, communication, and close tracking of activities.
- Identify risks and issues early, plan mitigating steps and communicate these to business stakeholders in a timely manner
- Work closely with project and programme managers to ensure stakeholders are fully engaged and expectations managed
- Delivery focused, committing to specific tasks and ensuring these and the overall projects deadlines are met
- Extensive product knowledge across asset classes encompassing product, pricing, risk and trade life cycle,
- Sound knowledge of the FO to BO trade flow, including Market and Credit Risk Management, Middle Office, Operations and Finance activities
- Proven ability to work across business streams and have exposure to front to back system implementation.
- Strong understanding of key technology concepts, basics in SQL, functional programming and architecture. Strong technical acumen is a big plus.
- Ability to work proactively, independently and displays strong initiative
- Pragmatic team player with an attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to accurately translate and document business needs into functional requirements and produce quality documentation
- Ability to drive multiple agenda and effectively manage priorities
- Strong communication and presentation skills with an excellent standard of English (written and spoken)
- Multicultural awareness.
- Displays personal authority, integrity and ethics
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.