Senior Business Analyst - Technology & Operations
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
They will be responsible for delivering business and functional specifications in accordance with the Agile methodology, work with technology and business teams during development and testing phases as well as assist with training and rollout of product. This role holder will contribute as a business analyst in the following areas: User Story Ownership
- Assist the Product Owner with the authoring of high quality user stories clearly stating a valid business benefit as well as acceptance criteria for successful delivery.
- Accompany the user story throughout the scrum cycle coaching both developers as well as testers on the functional contents of the story.
- Provide a first line verification of the delivered story ensuring it meets acceptance criteria.
Engage with testers and support engineers to ensure successful investigation and fixing of defects. Attendance of relevant calls and successful liaison with Product Owners and Business Champions to facilitate defect closure. Functional Expertise and Documentation
- Act as central point of contact for Product Owners and Business Champions on chosen features of the platform. Engage in knowledge sharing sessions with other Business Analysts /Team members.
- Provide clearly structured and relevant functional documentation of features delivered
- Demonstrate detailed knowledge on financial markets products in FX and FX derivatives domain to provide solutions on the challenging problems
- Demonstrate ability to work on end to end processes related to pricing/execution/trade capture and downstream flow of the financial markets products.
Our Ideal Candidate
Must have previous project experience for multi-site, multi product large scale projects with a value in excess of USD3m
Knowledge of Margin / Collateral Management, FX and FX derivatives products a must, knowledge of FX Trading an advantage
Wealth Management and/or Private Bank domain expertise
Knowledge of Agile delivery methodology, SDLC frameworks and techniques required
Candidate must demonstrate proven competence as a Business analyst evidenced by experience
Able to work independently taking full accountable for end to end delivery and managing senior stakeholders
Knowledge of SCB organisation and processes preferred
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.