Senior Business Engineer - Product Execution (Associate Director/Director)
At Bank of Singapore, we are constantly on the lookout for exceptional individuals to join our team. We promote a culture of openness, teamwork and fairness. Most importantly, we invest in our people through our programmes that develop them on both professional and personal levels. Besides attractive remuneration packages, we offer non-financial benefits and opportunities to develop your potential within OCBC Group’s global network of subsidiaries and offices. If you have passion, drive and the will to succeed, rise to the challenge today!
Bank of Singapore opens doors to new opportunities.
Start your career with Bank of Singapore as an Business Engineer
in the IT Business Solutions team! !
The Senior Business Engineer is part of the Business Solutioning team in technology department who serves as a liaison to business stakeholders, Business and Operation Managers, Product Owners in various Business Units in the Bank Of Singapore.he Senior Business Engineer is part of the Business Solutioning team in technology department who serves as a liaison to business stakeholders, Business and Operation Managers, Product Owners in various Business Units in the Bank Of Singapore. The primary focus of this role is to elicit business initiatives across various business units and design an end-to-end IT solution for these business initiatives.
- Design IT solutions for business initiatives or projects. Construct the desired solutions by considering the concept of end-to-end, reusability, high availability, forward looking and lasting value.
- Responsible to manage and create all solutioning materials by following the solutioning process. This includes the solution plan and project effort estimations. Collaborate with Information Security officers, Infrastructure team and Solution Architects during the solution process.
- Collaborate with business and operations stakeholders to understand their business requirement during the solutioning process in order to produce the IT solution.
- Provide directions and clarifications to project team during the development phase of the project to any queries pertaining to the FSD or BRD. Where necessary, re-engage business SMEs to revise requirements and/or for the acceptance of alternative solutions, due to design or implementation constraints encounter ed.
- Collaborate with Quality Assurance team to define the test strategy and approach and provide clarifications to queries during the testing phase, to both the Quality Assurance team and Business Testers during testing phases.
- At least 10-year relevant working experience as a Business Analyst or Solution Manager in Private banks, Investment banks or relevant financial institutions. Have a broad understanding of the wealth management industrial trend and key players
- Excellent knowledge of Investment products, such as FX and Equity structured products, OTC Derivatives, Exchange Traded Options and good understanding of how these products are priced, traded in the market
- Good understanding of the regulation and settlement processes of the structured and derivatives products. Proficient in portfolio concept and portfolio Risk framework concept is an advantage for the candidates
- Proficient in the documentation of use cases, visual modeling, business processes, in the business requirements document and functional specifications document.
- Good knowledge of system engineering concepts, data and information structures in an IT system environment including that of data modeling and database design appreciation.
- Competent in IT solutioning processes such as effort estimation, vendor management negotiation
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills, with strong ability to manage and align expectations of senior level business stakeholders across different business units to accept solutions proposed by project team.
- Possesses critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Degree in computer or financial discipline preferred.