Senior Group Manager, Business Development
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- BNY Mellon Investment Management
- 26 Sep 18 2018-09-26
Senior Group Manager, Business Development
BNY Mellon Investment Management, which is the umbrella name for all the investment management subsidiaries and affiliates within BNY Mellon, currently has a presence in 5 countries in Asia Pacific, namely Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan, Korea and Australia. The company also targets and services clients and distribution channels in other Asia Pacific countries (e.g. China, Taiwan). Based in Singapore, the incumbent is expected to broaden and deepen relationships and sales of BNY Mellon strategies and mutual funds to a variety of clients across the South East Asia region. Such clients will be including, but not limited to, Sovereign Funds, Central Banks Pension Funds, insurers, government and quasi-government entities and endowments/foundations. Primary Responsibilities:
- Direct sales and marketing responsibility for BNY Mellon's AM's capabilities in order to meet or exceed the annual sales target for the SEA region.
- Work with AM's resources to develop long term effective marketing plans to support the distribution strategy.
- Coordinate and manage all vendor relationships necessary to support the sales and promotion of BNY Mellon AM strategies and funds.
- Be responsible for: budgeting, planning, implementation, forecasting, P&L management, as well as, periodically reviewing company goals and assuring that the group is on target to reaching them.
- Act as client/relationship manage to defend/grow existing client base.
- Oversee, manage and develop a small team of sales/sales support.
- Participate in product development to enhance the breadth and spectrum of BNY Mellon AM's investment management product portfolio, as appropriate for the target markets.
- Evaluate opportunities for growth through alliances and partnerships.
- Provide accurate and appropriate management information to Senior Management.
- Comply with all corporate policies relevant to the functions managed including Health and Safety Policy.
- Manage any delegated budget in a manner that will best serve the LOB's best interests and provide the Finance Department with monthly tracking and projection information.
- Be aware of current regulatory and legal obligations of the function managed.
- Report any suspected breaches to the Compliance & Risk Management department, as appropriate, immediately on discovery.
- Monitor, document and report business risks and internal controls of the function managed, alerting Senior Management immediately of any significant changes.
- Maintain and test a current and effective continuity plan to ensure an appropriate response to any disruption to systems, information services, communications and office facilities.
- Provide clear direction and leadership to teams managed.
- Set professional example to staff.
- Supports and encourage staff development, objective setting and appraisal.
- Ensure adequate succession plans are in place for the functions managed
- Degree in business/marketing, finance, economics or related disciplines.
- Prior experience of sales to SEA institutional investors, particularly good connection with SWF investors.
- 10 years+ direct experience in sales/asset management.
- Frequent travel expected.
- Fluent in English
- Candidates possessing current CMS Representative license preferred
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
As one of the world's leading investment management organizations and one of the top U.S. wealth managers, BNY Mellon Investment Management combines agility, insight and scale to create and deliver strategies and solutions to address our clients' needs. Encompassing BNY Mellon's investment management firms, wealth management organization and global distribution teams, we draw on deep expertise to collaborate with clients and tailor our best ideas and resources to meet their specific needs. We pride ourselves on providing dedicated service through our network of global professionals who have a deep understanding of local requirements. With our extensive experience in anticipating and responding to the investment and financial needs of the world's governments, pension plan sponsors, corporations, foundations, endowments, advisors, intermediaries, individuals and families, and family offices, BNY Mellon Investment Management is dedicated to helping clients reach their goals.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Singapore-Singapore-Singapore
Job: Asset Management
Internal Jobcode: 70017
Organization: IM APAC-HR11404
Requisition Number: 1813290