Senior Product Engineer
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Our engineering team aims to build modern digital solutions in the Wealth Management space. We constantly strive to reduce time-to-market and streamline our development processes. As part of the team you will directly collaborate with business stakeholders on regular basis to devise and implement solutions incrementally in short iterations. We follow the agile methodology with continuous delivery practices and expect you to actively participate in our continuous improvement process.
To the extent of your skills, your responsibility will be to collaboratively take part in all aspects of software delivery: planning, design, implementation, refactoring, testing, automation, integration, release, monitoring, and troubleshooting. You will be constantly learning and sharing your knowledge with your peers. We value specialized expertise, however we demand everyone on the team to be curious, open-minded, and proactive problem solver first. As a more experienced team member you will mentor your teammates and share team practices across the wider organization to promote technical excellence.
Our Ideal Candidate
Required traits and skills:
Desired traits and skills (the more the better):
- Curiosity and intrinsic motivation for learning and problem solving;
- Be a friendly team-player, eager to work together with other team members and business stakeholders;
- Demonstrable experience of test-driven development, refactoring, and clean code practices;
- Solid understanding of OO design principles and patterns;
- Experience with development and Infrastructure setups
- Continuous integration and delivery (build, test, and deployment automation in containerized and cloud environments);
- Monitoring and troubleshooting software in production environments (health-checks, log aggregation, etc.);
- Behaviour-driven development or other integration testing techniques
- Designing and maintaining micro-services architectures
- Experience with Java / Spring / Hibernate would be a plus
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.