Senior Project Manager / Solution Architect, Credit Origination
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Take the role of platform manager for the Credit Origination Platforms. They will be responsible for driving change undertaken by the various agile teams across the CO platforms, ensuring the solutions are within defined parameters both functionally and technically appropriate to the platform where the change is being implemented as well as approving all change to a CO platform.
- Responsible for a portfolio of technology delivery as it relating to a strategic change program redefining the way Credit Origination is executed across GB and CB. Ensuring the portfolio change is defined as a clear set of products with Product Owners, whilst ensuring the appropriate functions are implemented on the appropriate platforms in a coordinated manner.
- To drive, using agile methods, the delivery of well groomed products around the enhancement of the credit origination processes with a clear definition of success along with a proposed solution. These products are then passed down to agile teams along with assigned product owners to execute
- Ensure agile teams are set up to succeed in terms of Process technology resources and product. Ensure success is clearly understood and that impediments are resolved.
- Drive a culture of continuous delivery and improvement.
- To ensure agile governance across the portfolio of technology change is adhered to, status is reported accurately and projects are started and ended cleanly.
- To drive the solutioning of each product whether is it a buy or a build ensuring each delivery adheres to the strategic technology roadmap and is compliant with enterprise technical, functional and data architectures.
- To help drive the overall Credit Origination architecture, simplifying the platforms and creating a seem less user experience across the functions.
- Ensure all technology dependencies are understood and managed along with all delivery risks and issues.
- Ensure all technology solutions adhere to the banks operational requirements and are handed over to the production support teams.
- Ensure all non-functional requirements are met
- To experiment on ideas to validate both the business thinking and the architecture solutions.
- Ensure full integration with the technology operational teams, making sure that service management is thought about and defined as part of all product delivery.
- Experience of end to end successful implementation of several medium and large projects through a full lifecycle using standard processes.
- Development background with good experience in programming and resolving technical issues at architecture, design and build level.
- Proven track record in problem solving demonstrating clear analytical skills
- Ability to learn new technologies and concepts and adapt deliveries to make full use of them.
- Able to look at new and emerging frameworks in order to take best advantage in terms of delivery.
- Good understanding of design patterns and a proven record of using them to facilitate delivery.
- Familiarity of Machine Learning/AI technologies along with big data analytics such as Python, Hadoop, MapReduce
- Good knowledge of the Java technical stack and frameworks including HTML5, React, JBOSS, Oracle, MongoDB, Hadoop, Apache,
- Good knowledge of Delivery stack including, JIRA, Jenkins, GIT, BitBucket, SonarCube, Ansible, and Terraform
- Good knowledge of Runtime technologies such as Kafka, Kubernetes, DOCKER and AWS,
- Good knowledge of API technologies such as REST, SOAP and JSON.
- Experienced in either running programs or a portfolio of projects and managing complex dependencies, issues and risks
- Experience of operating with both onshore and offshore execution teams
- Experience of stakeholder management and general governance processes involved in large project delivery. Production of appropriate stakeholder packs and communications. Strong written and verbal communications.
- Experience of working agile using various methods such as Kanban, SCRUM, SAFe
- Familiarity of human centric design, lean process reengineering.
- Ability to drive the definition of a well groomed/understood products with associated definitions of success and architecture along with clearly defined benefits. These will be handed across to agile delivery teams for execution.
- Good knowledge of Investment banking processes and products
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.