Senior Test Engineer
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
• Develop and enhance test automation framework and tools
• Work in collaboration with Project Managers and Business Analysts to understand requirements, design and develop automated test cases, take ownership of end to end testing delivery.
• Participate in backlog grooming sessions and daily sprint meetings
• Contribute to agility by integrating automated test suites with CI/CD pipeline
• Support cross-functional teams in integration test efforts
• Work closely with other testers and engineers and provide technical guidance to peers as needed
• Develop high quality code using clean coding practices, design patterns, relevant frameworks and libraries.
• Present technical solutions, capabilities, and features in business terms
• Effectively communicate status, issues, and risks in a precise and timely manner
Our Ideal Candidate
Minimum six years of professional experience in test automation domain in banking/insurance sector
• Strong understanding of software quality best practices and processes. Experience with a broad range of testing practices.
• Minimum six years of programming experience in Java 7, 8.
• Extensive experience with test automation tools and frameworks - Cucumber for Java, Selenium, Apache JMeter, Soap UI
• Strong understanding of build automation tools - Maven 3, Gradle, experienced in setting up CICD pipelines in Jenkins.
• Knowledge of REST and SOAP based web services standards. Strong understanding of and experience with JSON, XML, HTTP.
• Experience with various messaging middleware technologies - Apache ActiveMQ, Apache Kafka, IBM MQ, TIBCO EMS
• Strong experience in SQL, Unix scripting, Git
• Domain knowledge of front-office trading and risk management platforms for OTC Derivatives, Cash Equities. Deep understanding of trade lifecycle, trade booking models, regulatory requirements (EMIR, Dodd Frank, FRTB), product onboarding.
• Demonstrated ability to solve complex software development/design issues using clean, coherent code following established coding guidelines
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Ability to thrive in a fast paced and challenging environment DESIRABLE SKILLS
• Strong understanding of distributed computing, experience with cluster computing frameworks - Spark 2, Hadoop Map Reduce and big data tools - HDFS, Hive
• Experience with log, metrics aggregation and analytics toolkits - ELK stack, Grafana
• Development experience with Web based UI frameworks - Angular, ReactJS Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.