An exciting Software Developer role has just become available at one of the most respected firms based in Singapore, a global firm of intermediaries that plays a pivotal role in the world's financial, energy and commodity markets.
About the Software Developer Role:
Deliver projects taking a lead technical quality assurance role within a Scrum team for the DMS FX project. The project is developed across Singapore and Belfast where the ideal candidate will be an experienced software developer with a deep appreciation of the value of automated build, testing frameworks and one-touch deployment. The Software Development Engineer is required to work with the business, development, quality assurance and infrastructure teams to manage automation strategy for testing of the DMS project. The product and integration to support multiple platforms is scheduled to expand at an aggressive rate and it will be the responsibility of the SDET to define automation strategies, automation tools, to lead in the development of automation frameworks, to coach and mentor QA members in automation and to implement an effective automation strategy for non-functional areas of testing.
Key Responsibilities :
- Define automation strategy
- Define effective metrics for measuring impact of automation initiatives against business goals
- Research and identify the most appropriate tools, to ensure good use of Open Source tools is made where they provide an effective solution
- Provide metrics to assess return on investment of automation
- Work with business analysts, product owners and technical leads to review and set story and feature acceptance criteria
- Implement business functionality in a testable form
- Develop appropriate and maintainable test automation functionality at integration and system tiers
- Ensure new features are verified for both good and bad paths
- Showcase completed functionality to project stakeholders and running knowledge transfer sessions with support teams
- Work with TPICAP's quality manager and testing community on knowledge sharing, strategic improvements and process rationalisation
- Work with the regression teams to improve and maintain regression suites
- Communicate to the senior management and team on a regular basis by delivering progress reports
- Participate in daily stand-up meetings
- Communicate with the wider technology teams to coordinate interdependencies and resolve issues
- Work with project architectures to fully understand how to integrate automation tool solutions into the full SDLC
- Work as part of the automation task force to establish best practices for automation across the platforms
- Take responsibility for driving automation forward and continually strive to make improvements
- Provide the test framework that the offshore team expands into the full test suite
- Evaluate tools and ensure a good knowledge of current tools to ensure TPICAP are always using the most applicable tools
- Participate on continuous quality assurance process improvement efforts and supports and provides value added inputs
To succeed in the role, you will need to have the ability to work effectively and co-operatively with senior business development teams, across borders and internal matrix.
- At least three years' experience in automation both GUI level and API
- Experience in test automation, particularly tools such as Cucumber, Selenium Webdriver, Webdriver.io and Junit
- A strong understanding of different development and test management methodologies including Agile
- Experience in behavioural driven development (BDD) testing approaches
- Source control systems and configuration management, preferably Gitlab or any git-based source control repository.
- Able to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Experience using SQL for database queries and stored procedures
- Experience in offshore - onsite delivery including coordination with geographically distributed cross-functional team and owners of each of the systems that comprise the end-to-end solution
- Experience with financial trading/broking systems, OTC derivatives and the inter-dealer broking model
- Development of test frameworks and test automation
- Jenkins or similar Cl tools
- SQL and Mongo DBs
- Performance and load familiarity with load testing tools like JMeter or similar
- Proven ability to deliver quality results in a busy and dynamic business focused environment
- Able to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to forge working relationships with all levels within the organisation
This international firm needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this Software Developer is the role for you.The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
Apply now to learn more.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1876957 Laveena Wasvani