Software Engineer - Java - Singapore
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB ENGINEERING What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets .
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here. Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment. Singapore Automation
We are setting up a new function in Singapore to develop scalable, engineering enabled automation and digitization solutions with SDLC controlled execution eco-system. This will enable businesses at an accelerated velocity to deliver best-in-class client experience, scale to higher volumes as well as reduce risk in performing various functions. The solutions would entail using broad spectrum of languages like Java, Python, tools and techniques such as bots, workflow, cognitive ML/AI techniques and deployment eco-system both on-prem and Cloud with data being the central fabric for driving automation at scale. There is an enormous potential to drive innovation by exploring new tools/platforms and engaging with industry community including startups.
Our vision is to enable near 100% STP for the front-to-back stack across APAC businesses with cutting edge technology delivering One Goldman Sachs to our clients through digital transformation leveraging data, systematic integration and unified workflows. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Responsibilities
Skills and experience we are looking for
- The role will provide a good platform to directly impact cross divisional automation opportunities driving at scale. Candidate will work in a team of 6-8 people in Singapore to support both regional and global deliveries, together with teams in HK & Bengaluru
- Agile and Nimble mindset with flexibility to work on different aspects of the solution stack and close collaboration across team members will be essential. Effective problem-solving coupled with analytical and technical skillset will be also essential for the success of this role
- Develop integrated scalable solutions across components utilizing micro-services, ORM tools, REST frameworks, bots, event driven enterprise frameworks, big data handling
- Leverage emergent industry tools and best practices in Automation space for delivering solutions at a rapid pace
- Contribute to the creation and maintenance of system documentation.
- Core Java knowledge including experience of developing APIs
- Knowledge of Spring or Spring-Boot
- Knowledge of SDLC practices such as Git, Maven, Mockito, Junit etc.
- Knowledge of Databases, SQL, No SQL, Big Data etc.
- Knowledge of Messaging system such as Kafka, Rabbit MQ, Apache Flink etc.
- Knowledge of frameworks like hibernate, JDBC, Caches etc.
- Knowledge of wire formats like JSON, XML, Avro etc.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Demonstrates strong technical skills required for the role, pays attention to detail, takes initiative to broaden his/her knowledge and demonstrates appropriate technical/analytical skills
- Drive and Motivation - Successfully handles multiple tasks, takes initiative to improve his/her own performance, works intensely towards extremely challenging goals and persists in the face of obstacles or setbacks
- Client and Business Focus - Effectively handles difficult requests, builds trusting, long-term relationships with business users, and manages clients/business expectations
- Teamwork - Gives evidence of being a strong team player, collaborates with others within and across teams, encourages other team members to participate and contribute and acknowledges others' contributions
- Communication Skills - Communicates what is relevant and important in a clear and concise manner and shares information/new ideas with others
- Good to have knowledge on Amazon Cloud development.
- Ability to integrate with third party tools and frameworks for rapid prototyping and development where applicable
- Process engineering - Review processes, evaluate risks and recommend improvements in the current operating procedures
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity