Management of and assistance with Corporate Income Taxes & Tax Accounting
- Assisting with the corporate tax compliance process in Singapore and management of these processes in other SEA locations for which country management responsibilities are assigned, which includes review of annual corporate tax returns prepared by Financial Accounting ("FA") and liaising with external corporate tax compliance providers to ensure the accuracy and completeness of tax returns to be submitted and corporate tax payments.
- Assisting with the monthly corporate tax accounting process for entities in Singapore and SEA assigned to the candidate, and liaising with FA and within the tax department to ensure tax accounting processes are efficient and effective and have sufficient governance.
- Managing the relationship with the local tax authorities, including enquiries into the corporate tax affairs of the entities under their remit, including coordination with FA and external advisors, and driving resolution of tax issues.
- Preparation of transfer pricing documentation as required with assistance from the transfer pricing team, and assisting the transfer pricing team to implement global transfer pricing strategies.
- Management of local tax audits and review of submissions prepared by FA and external advisors in relation thereto.
- Monitoring and dissemination of changes to local tax legislation or practice to Asia Pacific/Global Tax Departments and interested business units.
Corporate Tax Planning & Advisory
• Advising business units across all business lines located in Singapore and SEA on the tax consequences of their business strategies, as well as provision of tax advice in relation to corporate related initiatives.
• Coordinating with the Global Tax department to ascertain the international tax consequences of inbound and outbound investment to and from Singapore and SEA.
• Working closely with the New Business Department to advise on the tax consequences of new products, business lines and entities, including advising the business on implementation of guidelines and/or processes to meet tax related requirements.
• Participation in the development and implementation of the corporate tax planning strategy with a view to minimizing the effective tax rates of the Credit Suisse companies.
• Management and resolution of issues arising from tax related reputational risk reviews.
Goods and Services Taxes ("GST") and other Indirect Taxes
· Assisting with the GST return preparation process, which includes the review of GST calculations prepared by FA and submission of the GST returns for entities covered.
· Management of enquiries from the local tax authorities into the GST and indirect tax affairs of entities in Singapore and SEA, including coordination with FA and external advisors
· Participating in the continuous improvement process in relation to GST compliance and other indirect tax related processes.
· Provide oversight in relation to the indirect tax obligations (e.g. withholding taxes, stamp duties, etc.) of Credit Suisse in Singapore and SEA, in order to ensure indirect tax obligations are materially satisfied.
MAS Incentive returns and filing
· Assisting with the preparation of various MAS Financial Sector Incentive ("FSI") returns and filing obligations.
· Liaising with Regional Management in relation to inquiries into MAS FSI returns.
Governance and controls
· Reporting of and managing of APAC Tax governance and control matters, including:
- Escalation of tax matters to Tax Country Manager and APAC Head of Tax where necessary;
- Reporting to and attendance at the APAC Tax bi-weekly meeting;
- Operational Risk reporting;Sarbanes Oxley Controls and processes. You Offer
• Relevant tax experience in financial services, accounting or law firms
• Overall 10+ years of work experience
• Very good team player, hands-on and flexible with a positive mindset
• Strong communication, writing skills and tax technical skills for Singapore tax including Transfer pricing; knowledge of GST and SE Asia tax matters preferred
• Ability to work together and build positive relationships with business and other corporate functions in the Bank