Team Head, Asia, International Subsidiary Banking - Commercial Banking
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential.
Through Business Banking our global network offers comprehensive support and services to businesses in the SME market. From expanding overseas to managing the cash and trade flows of an established enterprise, the Business Banking team of Relationship Managers and Product Specialists provides a range of end-to-end solutions designed to help small and large businesses reach their potential.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as a Team Head, Asia, International Subsidiary Banking
. Principal responsibilities
- Set strategic direction for the ASIA team in alignment with International Subsidiary Banking or Commercial Banking Division objectives
- Lead planning and execution of team's strategic priorities
- Lead and develop a team of highly motivated bankers to deliver industry leading solutions to sophisticated clients
- Providing practical guidance, advice, mentoring and coaching to International Subsidiary Banking team members
- Manage risks, including Credit, Financial Crime, Operational and other key risks associated, within agreed parameters
- Enhance connectivity and partnership with key internal senior stake holders, including Commercial Banking Division Heads, International Subsidiary Banking Heads, Product Heads, Group Relationship Managers,
- Develop and grow relationships with business associations, relevant chambers of commerce and other organizations that assist companies in their international expansion plans
- Be proactively involved in the external Corporate market place, acting as a senior ambassador for HSBC, including origination and negotiations with clients, prospective clients, professionals and financial sponsors.
- Ensure compliance with regulations and standard operating procedures when managing client needs
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- Prior team leadership experience, that is multicultural, is a must
- Experience in growing relationships with Asian headquartered multinationals is a must
- Prior experience in regional treasury centers of managing Multinational clients and subsidiary relationships is preferred
- Strong understanding of Multinational Companies business environment in Asia, with particular focus on ASEAN
- Broad range of knowledge of industry sectors
- Experience of structured banking transactions, leveraged finance, syndicated loans, private placements, corporate bonds, securitizations and Global Banking and Markets
- Excellent knowledge of the Bank's structures, products and services
- Experience of managing the competing priorities of deal flows, credit quality and the requirement to drive income
- Proven leadership skills and an ability to project and engender ownership of corporate goals in others and communication skills to inspire others
- Experience of dealing with senior stake holders, both internally and externally
- Experience in environments requiring strong analytical skills and understanding of key financial information and data
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the external environment within Country, including regulatory, political, competitor and market
- Demonstrated knowledge of technology development and infrastructure and how this can be used to meet business needs
- Global perspective and understanding of economic affairs and policies
- Degree with relevant years of working experience
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.