VP/AVP, Credit Risk Manager (Local Program) - SME Banking, Risk Management Group
Risk Management Group (RMG) is responsible for the development and maintenance of risk management and internal control frameworks. We provide independent review and challenge to business to ensure that appropriate balance is considered in risk/return decisions. In addition, RMG is responsible for the monitoring and reporting on key risk issues of the Bank. To manage risk effectively and deliver strong financial performance, we invest significantly in our people and infrastructure. Responsibilities
This role is responsible for the assessment of credit proposals as well as daily risk management of SME banking customers under local program. The day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Underwrite LP credit proposals within delegated approving authority.
- Ensure credit proposals/reviews are processed in adherence with specified credit standards and within the specified turnaround time.
Proactive Risk Management
- Provide inputs to Program Managers to monitor portfolio risk profile, economic/ industry/ competitive/ regulatory developments, and evaluate portfolio performance under stress conditions.
- Proactive risk management of the portfolio to ensure timely identification of weak/vulnerable credits and adoption of appropriate remedial strategies.
- Conduct borrower visits where appropriate.
Achieve Performance Standards
- Meet TAT targets set.
- Provide credit support to the other credit underwriting team (ie CP) where necessary in order to maintain stipulated credit turnaround time for both underwriting teams.
- Participate in credit product/program review and approval process by providing inputs to program managers to establish and refine local program parameters for new and existing credit products.
- Participate in and contribute to designated projects as a representative of IBG3&4 Credit, Singapore.
- Participate in credit risk forums to share credit risk perspectives.
- Leverage on Credit Risk Dashboard to identify and rectify data quality issues.
- University Degree in Banking, Business or Accountancy.
- Minimum 6 years of working experience, with relevant credit experience in corporate lending.
- Good knowledge of general banking operations, products and services.
- Good working knowledge of Basel II/III requirements.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievement