A growing regional financial institution is looking to hire an experienced Structured Commodity & Trade Finance Manager in the Wholesale Banking Division. Reporting to the Team head, the individual will drive the overall performance, control and management of the business growth in the division with particular focus in Structured Commodity and Trade Finance (SCTF).
- Involved in all aspects of the SCTF business with a particular emphasis on marketing and origination of trade transactions with clients, driving the credit risk related matters, SCTF transactions and product programs.
- Manage the SCTF customer portfolio, ensuring that the team operates in line with all relevant internal, legislative and regulatory policies to deliver agreed goals.
- Enhance SCTF facility utilization by establishing close relationship with customers
- Assist the RM team in the preparation and submission of credit application papers and loan reviews for SCTF customers
- To provide product structure guidance to Relationship Managers in achieving individual and team revenue targets
- Originate new business and drive the business growth in Structured & Commodity Trade including pricing, structuring and executing of new transactions
- To work with coverage RMs and risk partners in formulating and executing a coherent account strategy for existing clients to increase share of wallet
- Engage RM teams and alignment from risk management to product high quality credit structures and portfolio management
- Responsible and accountable for the credit quality of the Branch’s SCTF portfolio. To flag up early warning signals to the Risk Management function and restructure the limits to protect the Bank’s exposure, if required
- Ensure compliance with local and bank-wide policies. Identifies changes in the industry (products, customers, regulations)..
- Ensure compliance with all legal & regulatory bodies, audit requirements and established bank approved risk limits.
- Degree holder in Economics, Finance, Accounting or related field
- Minimum 7 years of experience in a sizable bank or financial institution involving wholesale banking focusing on structured commodity trade finance.
- Good knowledge of other product offerings especially cash management and foreign exchange.
- Good understanding of legal terms and documentation procedures with relation to SCTF
- Strong new client acquisition skills.
- Possess excellent written and spoken communication, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to identify and mitigate varying areas of risks.
- Dynamic team player with strong interpersonal skill.
- Good command of English and Mandarin as they will need to communicate with Chinese corporate clients.
Interested candidates, please send your resume to email@example.com. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Company Reg. No.: 201131609D
Licence No.: 11C4684
EA Reg no: R1104026