VP, Development Lead, Innovation & Engineering, GTO
Posting Date: 14-Aug-2019
Location: Alexandra, Singapore, SG
Company: Unicom Data Bank Pte Ltd About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Technology and Operations
function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches. Job Responsibilities
- Design, development and implementation of blockchain solutions, specializing in Hyperledger.
- Prototyping and proof-of-concept experiments to prove out design decisions.
- Brainstorm and help evaluate applications for new tools and technologies as they continually evolve
- Build data platforms and streaming engines that are real time in nature.
- Build and scale stream & batch processing platforms using the latest open-source technologies
- Design and code for highly scalable solutions for data extractions and transformations jobs for business rules application
- Work with data engineers to create services that can ingest and supply data to and from external sources and ensure data quality and timeliness
- Effectively utilize a DevOps pipeline to optimize the build quality.
- Build software to standards and of high quality.
- Guiding developers with technical knowledge.
- Maintain and help optimize existing systems.
- Trouble shooting live issues.
- Lead on next generation technology.
- Attending design discussions and contributing effectively.
- Committed to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design and providing a quality product.
- At least 12 years' experience in software development, with extensive hands on experience as a designer and programmer.
- Knowledge in blockchain related technologies with hands-on experience.
- Knowledge of common design patterns used in Complex Event Processing
- Experience working with open source Big Data technology stacks (Apache Spark, Kafka, Data Bricks, HBase, Hadoop/HDFS, Hive, Drill, Pig, Nifi, etc.) or commercial open source Big Data technology stacks (Hortonworks, Cloudera, etc.)
- Proficiency in Streaming technologies: Apache Kafka, Kafka Streams, KSQL, Spark, Spark Streaming
- Proficiency in Java, Scala, SQL
- Experience and deep understanding of traditional, NoSQL and columnar databases
- Experience with software architecture design and development
- Experience of building scalable infrastructure to support stream, batch and micro-batch data processing
- Strong understanding of CI/CD processes and pipelines.
- Experience in code versioning using GIT.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them to technical requirements.
- Ability to benchmark and optimize the components being built.
Be a part of UOB Family
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or similar domain
- Related professional/technical qualification will be advantageous although not mandatory
Apply now and make a difference.