Recruitment Consultant - Banking & Finance
We are looking for an experienced Compliance Testing professional to join the Compliance Office for Asia who deal with Core Compliance (i.e. all compliance areas minus financial crime). The successful candidate will report to the Regional Head of Core Compliance Assurance, in a role that provides clear opportunities for career progression. They will lead the Testing Team – which conducts thematic reviews across APAC units – and be tasked with setting up and running a centralised Monitoring team (periodic reviews outside of Testing), and act as Monitoring SME for the region.
- Lead and supervise the Regional Testing Team, ensuring a risk based regional review schedule is created and delivered upon, that the team conducts high quality reviews, and that issues / key findings are escalated and validated promptly
- Build and run a centralised Regional Monitoring team, who will carry out Monitoring on behalf of APAC branches.
- Enhance the coordination across/connection between regional Testing work and local Monitoring work, and provider regular MI to stakeholders
- Act as a Testing and Monitoring SME, providing support for and oversight of unit activities
- Collaborate closely with global Testing and Monitoring colleagues to share knowledge, and drive consistency and enhancements
- Continually and proactively identify areas for improvement in the performance of both functions, with a focus on service levels, productivity & efficiency, and customer service
- To keep abreast of the emerging compliance risks and regulatory environment of APAC units
- To play a leading role in regional and global testing and monitoring initiatives.
- Other responsibilities relating to the function and management of ACO as instructed by line management from time to time.
- 10 or more years in compliance
- Strong experience in Testing (Core or Financial Crime)
- Proven leadership skills, nurturing and developing their team members
- Able to initiate and deliver change
- Strong analytical skills to interpret data and draft reports
- Strong communication and presentation skills to influence using technical data and information to support line of reasoning
- Extensive industry knowledge, including the regulatory environment in Singapore and the Region
- In normal circumstances around business travel, comfortable spending 25% of the time travelling within APAC
Interested candidates please hit APPLY NOW with your updated CV and we will get in touch with you for a confidential discussion.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
EA License No: 07C3635 | Registration No: R1982019