VP, Senior Data Analytics & Insights (BI), Data Management Office
Posting Date: 11-Oct-2019
Location: Raffles Place, Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Data Management Office and Big Data Analytics
function answers the demand for quality and credible data across the Group. Data Management Office
We govern the use of data across the Group and provide guidance for data management and usage. This optimises the value of data to enable smarter, faster and more accurate decision-making as well as improve operational efficiency. Above all, we ensure adherence to all data governance standards as determined by regulators. Big Data Analytics
We are a centralised analytics function that supports Group-wide business units and their analytical needs. We aim to establish ourselves as an analytics centre of excellence and drive analytics adoption and the utilisation of new big data technology across the Group. Our key areas of service range from business intelligence, strategic analytics to data science. Job Responsibilities
The Big Data Analytics Centre
is a business function that leads the transformational build, use, and deployment of the banks next generation analytics capabilities and infrastructure. This exciting role will play a pivotal part as an Analytics Centre of Excellence that will take analytics to the next level through use of latest data and analytics technology currently being deployed. You will work either individually or in project teams to help the organization progress towards a self-service data discovery culture.
In this role you will be part of the Big Data Analytics Centre
, and will aim to deliver new insights and bring analytical practices to life through data visualisation, intuitive dashboards and data modelling to support the adoption of analytics into the decision making process across the entire organization.
This is a unique role where the right candidate will be able to make a significant and visible contribution within a short period of time.
- Lead the Analytics Centre of Excellence to cross train team members, business users, and ensure business user adoption of analytics and supported tools.
- Develop and deliver the regional data analytics strategy for UOB, including establishment of an international team of data analytics professionals that drives Business Intelligence and Big Data
- Support group wide business units locally and across borders in developing data analytics solutions and roadmaps
- Manage and lead delivery of analytical solutions including analytical deep-dives and dashboards to help businesses leverage their internal data assets for strategic decision making
- Provide consultative support to stakeholders and senior management through use of data analytics and also in deployment of data analytics capabilities
- Support portfolio management with in-depth analysis of key segments and business drivers.
- Support the Enterprise Data Architecture and Governance Program and Big Data Program to develop the Analytics Capabilities and drive the Change Management agenda for the group.
- Drive innovation initiatives under the business leadership team's guidance and directives.
- Support business users and senior management through use of AI and Machine Learning and also in deployment of overall data analytics capabilities.
Be a part of UOB Family
- Min Postgraduate in Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering , Computer Science or a related field
- Min 10 years working experience in Analytics or Business Intelligence function
- Strong experience in Business Intelligence solutions including Power BI and/or Qlik
- Strong experience in strategy development in relation to the application of analytics in business strategies
- Strong knowledge of data visualization, UI and UX design
- Knowledge of big data ecosystems (e.g. Hue, Hive, Impala), SQL, data warehousing, and data modelling a strong plus
- Strong leadership and team management capability with experience in training and conducting user enablement sessions would be a plus.
- Experience in banking or consulting industry, with experience in Finance or Risk Management a strong plus.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated success presenting in a clear and compelling manner to cross-functional stakeholders that persuades action
- Have an understanding of project management and business processes to help drive organizational results
- Ability to work and thrive in a dynamic, team-oriented environment
Apply now and make a difference.