VP / AVP, Customer Segment & Customer Science Business Manager, Consumer Banking Group
As the leading bank in Asia, DBS Consumer Banking Group is in a unique position to help our customers realise their dreams and ambitions. As a market leader in the consumer banking business, DBS has a full spectrum of products and services, including deposits, investments, insurance, mortgages, credit cards and personal loans, to help our customers realise their dreams and aspirations at every life stage. Our financial solutions are not only the best in the business - they were made just right for you. Your Role
- Maximise business competitiveness and profitability by tracking, measuring and managing performance to meet business goals. Identify potential risks to ensure timely action is taken to bridge gaps.
- Support management reviews of the business by preparing presentations and reports with analytical and strategic information gathered from various data sources or from stakeholders
- Keep abreast of competitor and internal landscape to support better understanding of the business performance
- Support strategic projects/initiatives to address business needs and opportunities
- Lead awards strategy by identifying the right awards to pitch for and put together award pitches to elevate positioning of the business
- Act as treasurer of the overall department budget, ensuring keen oversight on the budgeted and actual expenses for each financial year
- To work with regional and country teams in obtaining the MIS, Financials or information needed to properly review the business momentum, identify risks and opportunities.
- To organise monthly calls with the countries to understand performance drivers and as a forum for best practice sharing of regional performance
- To prepare material for management reviews, including presentations, reports, dashboards and more
- To support strategic projects which could include exploratory assessments to in-country execution
- To own the awards strategy for the team by identifying the right awards to pitch for, writing award pitches, keeping abreast of competitors' awards and working with Marketing stakeholders to ensure proper and adequate usage of awards won
- Manage budget spreadsheet for the department ensuring expenses are on track and to prepare monthly accrual files for proper accounting of expense period
- Be subject matter expert in the business momentum for the region and to keep proper files and archives of business performance data, reports and note
- Timely delivery and excellent quality on KPIs and initiatives - ability to demonstrate thinking out of the box, not accepting status quo, consistently looking for opportunities to improve/enhance areas of focus
- Receive positive feedback from peers and seniors during 360 reviews.
- At least 8 years in banking and financial services, with good understanding of business performance management
- Experience and proven ability to work with country teams in MIS/data submissions
- Experience with business strategy
- Proven experience in a regional role, managing multiple stakeholders and teams.
- Possess business acumen, numerically literate and have the experience in business performance management with business KPIs attached.
- Proven business performance management experience in the banking/insurance industry
- Ability to multitask, be flexible, and thrive in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment
- Self-starter but loves working in a team and wants to avoid a silo environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong numeric / analysis skills
- Good written, communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of business needs (both internal and external) and insights for developing differentiated strategies.
- Drive innovative culture and inspire the team to play to win
- Build a risk management and control culture and ensure guidelines are adhered
- Possess excellent Microsoft office skills, esp powerpoint and excel
- University level degree
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.